1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you get started?

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by EJ1 Freak, May 17, 2006.

1. EJ1 Freak

EJ1 Freak New Member

Start a Conversation
    How did everyone get started/interested in modifying imports?

2. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, for me I got into from my grandma's 1988 Acura Integra. This was when I was really young and didn't know anything about cars. I just loved that car and I just got into that way. Turns out it was my first car too, which also made more interested in it and it just sorta evolved.

Good tread, btw.

3. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    well this one is kinda complicated for me... i guess it kinda started in Japan itself. see when i first got my license i had this plymoth voyager mini van [STFU it was free :p] anyways it was about this time i made my first trip to japan and all and was staying in a little town half way inbetween the citys of Nagoya and Toyota [yes there is a city in japan named ofter a car brand] well running pretty much right through the center of this town was the major highway connecting those two citys [they are only about 40 miles apart] well one night when i was there i was taking a walk around town after dark [mid day temps where 100+ that week so after dark walking was a plus] and i was crossing the overpass to go to the local temple when i heard a ton of loud cars passing beneath me. what wonderful true JDM cars i saw that night running down the highway. idk after that all i wanted was a CRX, Tureno, Accord, or FC... i guess that's what did it for me

4. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Affiliate

Start a Conversation
    I graduated high school had the summer free. My uncle is a body tech and well we were bored. and it grew from there

5. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i always liked the different cars with nice sounding exhausts and lights and the sound of a turbo before i knew exactly what it was..then Fast and Furious came out...enough said i started learning and reading alot...

6. civic_crx

civic_crx New Member

Start a Conversation
    It started back in 95 when I started to learn how to drive. It was a 81 Hatch Accord(I love that car 2.2L), it was in good cond. no rust and all. First started with a cone airfilter and a exhaust that my dad put sence then I got hook. This car was my first car but then I blew the engine like 6 months later after I got it.(this was in 1999)

7. MidniteFreedom

MidniteFreedom New Member

Start a Conversation
    around back when i was in 8th grade. and ya i was one of thoese kids that wear thoese ricers shirts lol then later stop wearing and started thinking what car should i buy to build one when i get to high school. i wasent thinking much about body kits and other stupid stuff like the other kids in high school which they think dude! body kits under glow are hella cool! i just wanted mine to look clean just slap rims and lower it then later mod the engine.

8. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I really started liking cars in 7th grade and of course I was a ricer back then. Around 8th grade is when i fell in love with everything JDM. Now im in 10th grade and I have a prelude. I still dont know that much about cars but hey, im learning.

9. HONDASPANCHO

HONDASPANCHO New Member

Start a Conversation
    well for me back in around 99 i had this fried that introdused me into superstreet and other import magz wich back then they werent so thick but they had some really clean lookig streets cars. I especially remeber some nice cars from WICKED RACING wich were perty big in cali. All we did was dream about what kinda car we wanted and what we would do, and read magazines and cut out the cars and cut the wheels out to see how they would look slammed, we would even do stock cars from any magazine. well i finally began going out to the race track out i Pomona and the street races all over cali...dam there was some baadass clean cars back then. So i really wanted a car but the car that did it was a black hatchback i saw i back in 2000. when i saw this hatch i was like wow. i gotta get me a hatch and do something.......and here i am now.....here is a pic of this hatch that began my JDM CRAZE.
    ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_ERFRE.jpg
    ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_steve_front.jpg
    ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_steve_side.jpg
    ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_Copy20120of20steve_rear.jpg
    ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_ERFRE.jpg ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_steve_front.jpg ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_steve_side.jpg ai26.photobucket.com_albums_c109_HONDASPANCHO_Copy20120of20steve_rear.jpg

10. fivex684

fivex684 New Member

Start a Conversation
    My family has always been into cars so it was just natural I get into myself.

11. JCDC2

JCDC2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    my family was big into camaros and chevys... how i got into hondas is unknown... but i got one when i was 16(94 civic vx) slow as can be... i didnt do anything to it bc i was big into audio, had around 3k invested in a system, went to a show one time, met HighwayStar and got hooked..

12. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    i think i got started up on fixing up cars when i first started to realize car names and tried to name all of em as i was sittin in the back seat..then i saw a whole group of 'fixed' up cars and from then on i started lookin more about fixin up a car..mainly just looked at pics..but hey..that's how i started..=]

13. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I got started b/c of my dad, ive always loved cars, but my dad was a big part on it, I grew up on Bimmers thats all we had at home, but my love with hondas came when I was a teenager, at the time I had a 87 BMW 735 and I trded it for a 90 teg 4dr and it was all over, but Bimmers are my first love

14. AMD 240

AMD 240 New Member

Start a Conversation
    for me its started back when Gran Turismo came out for the playstation.