1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didnt even get to do a photoshoot

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by Partizan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Partizan

Partizan New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, two days ago i finally lowered my car on koni yellows and H&R sports. I loved every minute of driving the lowered car. We'll, I managed to do something very stupid. I entered a turn at a faster speed than usual, but i don't think i could have been going more than 30 miles per hour. Basically, the car didn't turn as it should have, understeered, i panicked and locked up the brakes. I hopped a curb with either one or two of the front wheels, blew one tire, might have bent a rim. I just hope nothing else got messed up. I am leaving for Europe tomorrow so this I will have to deal with when i come back. Arg. Also, I know I fucked up, you don't need to bring it up please. There is no exterior damage except for the wheels. I think i hopped the curb at no more than 15 mph.
    This happened real close to my house so it wasnt too bad getting back home.

Just some quick crappy shots i just took

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup4.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup1.jpg

Any suggestions on what things to look for being broken,bent etc?
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup4.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup3.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup2.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v301_EUROguy210_fuckup1.jpg

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    only looks like a bent lower control arm. simple fix really.

oh, and a new tire and you'll be back on the road. no fret :)

3. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^ yea not a big deal, i broke my lip a week after I got it from actin a fool with my e brake so its all good lol.

4. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    that sucks.
    where in europe are you going?

5. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    hopefully you bent a rim so you can have a legitimate excuse to buy some different ones. american racing rims on jdmchat.com kinda contradicts themselves. go to a parkinglot and find out what the car is semi capable of doing before trying to do that around curbs. but don't sweat it, everyone has done it one time or another.

6. Partizan

Partizan New Member

Start a Conversation
    So, since im let lagged, im here in Croatia, Europe and online.

For those that commented on the american racing rims, I know they are ugly, but they came with the car, im probably buying new rims/tires when i get back.

Im just scared that I might have screwed something in the spring/strut assembl and the shock bottomed out or something.?