1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got beat by a saturn!

Discussion in 'Racing and Track Battles' started by JussHatched, Oct 11, 2006.

1. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    This happened a few months ago actually I just thought it would be funny to share. My friend I work with is always talkin about his saturn and im always laughing because saturns suck, so we went to ride out to some ghetto car meet and come across a backroad that couldnt be better for racing. Long, straight, and well lit with no traffic at all. We line up and take off. I bogged down like crazy cause I wasnt holding my revs up and he pulled way ahead only to be caught by me at like 85 mph. We race again and I dump the clutch only to spin the tires to hell and the same thing happens. He pulls ahead, I catch him at like 85.

I was pretty impressed by this little beater saturn in the end even though I think I would have beaten him if.
    a. I didnt have a system in the trunk
    b. I didnt have a shitty launch 2 times
    c. he didnt have a LIMITED SLIP
    d. we would have gone past 85mph

Has anyone ever seen a fast saturn? I guess the body being plastic makes them really light so with intake, headers, exhaust, limited slip and a stripped interior theyre pretty quick!

2. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    fast saturn no....obnoxious saturn with loud fart pipe yes....i call it that cause it wasnt even a catback he just grabbed the biggest muffler he could find and threw it on there...with neons galore etc...

but good tries racing...seems you need to practice on launching and you would of had him :p

3. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    them frikken saturns...dont feel bad i got beat by like a 95 neon.....

4. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    ya i got beat by a crx on the interstate a few months ago when my car was mostly stock with some junk-in-tha-trunk :roflmao:. car didnt feel so good @ 120mph w/stock suspension, road surface wasnt the best either so i backed down.

havent been a fan of saturns. definately practice your launches. 2500rpm worked good for me when i had the stock flywheel and stock springs. dont know how thats gona effect me yet. i would also take out the system, spare tire, jack, and tools. wouldnt recommend the spare if its still your daily driver. y didnt you go past 85? its still a win if he gets scared and backs off lol.

5. JussHatched

Start a Conversation
    Good advise, this was a while ago though and now I dont have anything in my trunk except my battery hell I dont even have carpet in my car anymore. I didnt go past 85 cause my girl was with me and I suck(ed) at launching cause I hadnt practiced my launches. I think I would have beat him at the track but his LSD killed me on the launch. Either way the feeling of getting pulled on my some domestic garbage sucks!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    lol i dont have carpet in mine either, started to smell funny. i usually dont race people when i have my gf in the car unless they keep on and she like "race the idiot so you can beat him then he will leave us alone!" i think that i remember right but every 100lbs is about 1/10th sec difference in et. i dont even have my spare even though i drive the car 150miles daily < im stupid i know lol. pretty much anything that doesnt serve a purpose gets takin out of my car. may even take the targa rack out on mine. i like launching on the dragstrip, good traction. sometimes toomuch and you get wheel-hop from soft springs. im anxious to go back and see what my time is.

7. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    how much weight can be saved by stripping the trunk of a del sol......and what else could i strip with keeping full interior

8. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    no to be rude man but create a thread in the delsol catagory so we wont be jackin his. thanks

9. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    LAUNCH AT PEAK TORQUE, not peak hp or redline

10. JussHatched

Start a Conversation
    I know this now, thanks!

11. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Good man. Sorry about your loss! You'll get his gay riced out domestic piece next time!

oh, and it would suck to be beaten by a neon...:computerrage:

12. 93DA

93DA New Member

Start a Conversation
    There Is A Guy Where I Live With A 450hp Turbo Built Saturn And A 300 Hp Kia Its Turbo 2 He Works At A Shop Go Figure

13. JussHatched

Start a Conversation
    Im tellin you saturns can be really fast for cheap. Heres the saturn another friend of mine is builing thats gonna be boosted and fast as balls. Now that I think about it I should mention I have a friend up here in gainesville who has an 11 second geo thats fuckin crazy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    talk about a sleeper car. :)

15. whycrx04

whycrx04 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I wouldn't admit it if i ever lost to a geo, saturn, kia, or neon.

16. sohcondis

sohcondis New Member

Start a Conversation
    yup my friend has a 01 v6 automatik and that thing hauls ass.

17. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    meh, fast for cheap = an old mustang

18. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
  19. JussHatched

Start a Conversation
    Whats funny is with this same motor in my hatch I raped a fox body 5.0 last year.

20. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    congrats for beating the mustang. i could prolly run with them too....until i hit 3rd gear. then my car falls on its face, typical horsepower issue. or lack thereof. my basicly stock 5.0 hatch feels sluggish off the line where as my Z6 is um "zingy" feelin i guess you could say lol. my procharger should fix all the slugs though. ahh what am i sayin....:slap: for bringing up a domestic conversation. delsol is priority project!

reason i say fast for cheap is that the parts are bout half as much and in some cases gains twice the power. carry on...

so when you plannin on racin the saturn again?