1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need your help

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by poonkla, Jun 5, 2006.

1. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I am working a lot now since its summer so i need help on what to get. The next item im getting for my car is a cf hood, if you have seen my pics you will know why. No need and telling me I need to get stuff for my engine cuz im not going to, long story, pm me if you want to know it LoL.

The List:
    CF Hood (where should I go to get one? online stores?)

Springs and maybe struts. I was thinking Tokico Struts with TEIN s-techs.(Give me your thoughts though and tell me what you think I should get.)

Wheels. This is what im really nervous about. I was thinking rota slips forever, but it seems all my friends want them to now so i think ill pass. I was possibly thinking rota gt3 in red. The specs I want though are 16x7, 5x114.3, and a +45mm offset(those are what someone told me cuz he said that anything lower than 45mm on my car will probally rub). I need your sugestions on rims those, badly.

Extra Stuff.. GReddy front lip, oem skirts and back (possibly).. 00' front grille

Thanks for the help guys. Im a new kid at cars still so i need all the help i can get.

2. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Rota slipstreams are just a knock off of spoon rims. A lot of people put them on civics, I don't think they would look right on a prelude... Those gt3's aren't bad, but what color is your lude, red? If the reds don't match, it will look goofy. My lude is nighthawk black pearl, and I eventually wanna buy Tenzo R Passion 5's in black with the polished lip. Greddy front lip is sweeeeeeeeet, but I think when I buy my lip kit, I might just go with an oem front. I love how it says "greddy" on it though. That's hot, but on a black car, you probably couldn't see it all that well, so I'll probably just go stock. Tokicos and tein s. techs sound good. I was also considering buying those tein springs, but my parking lot at work is shitty, so I don't know if I want to drop my car yet. I'd give you advice on cf hood, but I don't really like them. I think they are getting kinda played out. I like it when people paint the outside of a cf hood, leaving just the middle section cf (on an oem style cf hood) All I know about cf hoods is DON"T buy from ebay is what I hear. Oh, and you have pretty good taste in parts for being new.

3. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah I know slips are sw knock offs. My car is white and i think those red gt3's would look sick. im pretty sure im just gonna get greddy front lip and oem sides. Should look hawt in the end

4. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Word up. I can get the oem front lip for like 50 bucks painted though, so it's more economical for me to go with that. Oh, and it's only for the Nighthawk Black one before you ask. Sorry. Oh, and why don't you want anything for your engine? pm me.

5. middleklasskid

middleklasskid New Member

Start a Conversation
    I like everything except the rota idea, Just go ballstar and by genuine wheels:eek:hsnap: it will be so much better:)

6. wildwest

wildwest New Member

Start a Conversation
    i like your list too, thats pretty much cosmetically what i want, i love white ludes, oem cf hood (dont know where from tho?) greddy or oem lip kit.

for wheels i think slips are too common and wouldnt really suit the lude

tokico and tein sounds like a good budget option, im saving for some tein coilovers just now

anyway, have you thought about rota grids? i think you can get them in red
    gt3's could be good too
    red on white car is sick:)

7. wildwest

wildwest New Member

Start a Conversation
    everyone likes to burn when you mention rotas but IMO if i could afford the real deal i would buy them, but thats not an option for me. so i would buy rotas because they look good :spitdrink:

8. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Im 16 and have a part time job at a car wash, i cant afford the wheels i want yet. Thanks for all the help guys. Im going today to get an estimate on how much it would be to fix my hood.

9. pheonix

pheonix New Member

Start a Conversation
    sounds tight ma im new to cf hood sounds bout rite love the car

10. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Ok ~Im Gonna open a New Thread...

So you Go out and Buy a Set of Rotas Now you look to spend around $600- $800 Right~

Well Rota and Tenzo is well Played out~ also when there are other wheels around the same Price Range that Offers More how do we say RESPECT~

Honda Factory Performance

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_HOP.jpg

SSR replica

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_SP1replica.jpg

And who can Forget Supermeshes by Spun

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_Supermesh.jpg
    ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_HOP.jpg ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_SP1replica.jpg ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_Supermesh.jpg

11. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    5Zigen Wheels have been known to be quite price friendly as well.

12. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    And Sometimes you have to Search~

And Sometimes you Have to Search for that Right Set Wheels and there are TONS of Sites out there that have those Rare or Hard to Find Wheels for a Very Good Price Like...

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_pannasports.jpg
    ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_pannasports.jpg

13. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Do they make those supermeshes in 5 lug?

14. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I will Find out For You~

:) I will find out for you If they Come in A Five Lug Cause the Last time I seen them They were in Like 10+ Diffrent Colors ~So Im Unsure what they have Done Now~

:poke: But Wouldnt the Rims Pictured Above you Look Sick On your Lude (There white your Lude is White) :rocks:

The List~ http://rbmotoring.com/gallery/album450

The White Panasport G7 Rims~ http://rbmotoring.com/gallery/album31

15. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Tenzo may be a little played out, but all of those rims are too chunky^ I like a more open design so the brakes are more visible. Not knocking anybody, just my taste is different than yours, I guess. I used to want 5Zigen copses for my crx, but now that I'm rockin' the Lude, I'm on this whole black on black thing, so I want a black rim with a polished lip and I like 5 spoke designs, so that's why I like the Tenzo Passion 5's.

16. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Tenzo Passion 5's.

Oh... How Much does Tenzo Passion 5s Cost?

and Yes ~I Respect your Personal Decisions in Wheel Choice Its Just that I know Little of the Tenzo Brands~

Do you have a Picture of the Passion 5?

Because I found these Weds Kranze~ for $500

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_WedsCraz.jpg
    ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b120_JDMUNIVERSECARS_WedsCraz.jpg

17. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]
    $200 each for 17x7, but I have seen them somewhere for $156 I think...

18. suckawillis

suckawillis New Member

Start a Conversation

Yeah man I think some work emotion cr would me nice, not very expensive at all. 16" come in a really nice black, or the new gunmetal that would look sick. As far as shocks, I think every honda owner can vouche that they started on tokico's :) but stay away from s-tech springs, the ride is horrible and handling not too good. The tein springs are not made the same as there higher end coilovers. If you want some cheap springs like the tein, but better quality get tanabe. I can get you any of these parts at a great price if you need them. Including the wheels :rocks:

And white cars do look sick on red wheels

19. datac99

datac99 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I've been having a hell of a time getting a CF hood for the BB4, should have more luck with the BB6... But I'll let you know who's I end up with and if I like the build quality or not... Right now it's between VIS Sebon and Fiber Images.

I've had Tokico's for years... Blew up a set of Koni's and put my old Tokico's back on. So I've got a soft spot for the Tokico's... I don't have a lot of experience in suspension tuning... Nearly all of my friends refuse to ride in my car because it's so stiff... But I love it. Tokico seems to be a fantastic budget shock. Excellent build quality too.

IMHO, painted rims look bad... Black can be OK... But I love shiny shit anyway so I can't really help ya' here.

20. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I should hopefully be ordering my hood in the next week or so when i get my bonus check from work.