1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intercooler suggestions???

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by familycar-GSR, May 17, 2007.

1. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    i finally got my turbo rebuilt and i am gonna try to put it on this weekend if my baby boy is in a good enough mood to chill out in his bouncer for a few hours. i have the big greddy intercooler but am interested a little more in the water to air intercooler. i've found some made by spearco (very expensive) but i was wondering if there was a reputable company out there that also makes these intercoolers. my main thing im going for is keeping the car a sleeper, so i figure that intercooler would be better for that. but with that comes the question of where i would mount it. if anyone has any suggestions on which intercooler to go with, or where to mount the water to air intercooler(or air to water, i'm not 100% sure which order air and water go in), any input would be very helpful and appreciated. this is also my 100th post:woot:

2. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    this isnt really a suggestion, but...one of my friends one time said he wanted a black powder coated intercooler. it took about 1/10th of a second for me to shoot down his idea! lol! not sure how well a fmi would cool with powdercoating on it. so i suggested that he have it anodized black. anodizing is like coating for aluminum that lets the aluminum underneath show through. you know almost all suspension parts these days are anodized! lol! well its thin enough to still cool at 100% efficiency. and that could be placed very stealthily in the normal position in the bumper. you might want to hide the side pipes, those (even black) would be a dead give-away! just a thought/suggestion! :)

3. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    i've thought about that, but anyone who knows anything abut anything will notice an intercooler even if it is black, or painted with invisible paint. the look of an intercooler in the front bumper is a damn intimidating sight and it looks so damn good, i'm stuck.

4. madmanmaigret

madmanmaigret New Member

Start a Conversation
  5. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice find. i'll call them up and find out more about the set up. the one i'm looking at is still pricy, but i'll need it with 18 lbs of boost.