1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Is HIP HOP Dead?***

Discussion in 'Music' started by CLUTCHONE, Oct 10, 2006.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    :) ~>Before I Give My Point of View I Just wanted to Know what you all Thought about the HIP HOP Music Industry TODAY in a Whole... :poke:

:baby: ~How do you Feel about the Current Music that your Hear on Both Radio and Albums, including Underground MCs? ~:(

2. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well while i listen to Fergie rap about her london bridge going down, i think its getting a little boring as a whole. i find myself listening to more and more older stuff. hell all day today in the car while i was riding around in the japanese sun enjoying my day off, i was listening to the old ass Outkast cd. every other song skippin like crazy!! yea!!!! haha!:)

3. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think it is.

I stopped listening to the radio a while ago and just put some old "classics" (90s Rock and new EMO shit).

But when I do turn on rap stations on the radio I hear stupid ass songs about random shit. Like what's that new one about... Chicken Noodle Soup. Come on...

4. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    Plus all the rap Gods like Jay-Z, Puff Daddy, Snoop, Eminem, ect. are all getting old and just enjoying/investing their money now.

Just look at Jay-Z. He is on top of the world, yet not making music. He knows the rap age is going down hill for a little bit.

5. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Ok~ Radio is *SOLD OUT*

So The Radio is Completly ~Sold Out~ I Knew this was Gonna Happeen Back in 1992 when Every artist was Saying ~Fuck the Radio~ So I Notice when I Buy an Album the Radio Song that Promotes the Album is Completely Stupid like a Jingle on a Commercial to let you know there is a New Album Out... :roflmao:

~Example...

*Outkast / Black Eyed Peas / The Roots / Method Man / Ludachris ~Etc...

All have New Albums Out within the Past 2 Months, Each Single or Radio Version is Not Good But the Albums are Very Good~ Some Tracks on the Album is *TEN TIMES* better than the Track Chosen for the Radio, The Only Explanition I have for this Is "Are they Saving the Good Tracks for Sale???"

If So this is Making HOP HOP Radio Almost Impossible to Listen To... :mad:

Most of the Good Artist Like Mos Def, Common, Dead Prez are not Being Advertised so The Radio Is Filled with a NEW Sound that I would Like to Call~> "HIP POP"

"HIP POP" ~ Is a Term that I Like to Use When You Hear an "RAP Artist Singing" over His Own Track doing his Own Hooks and Shit... :slap:

I Remember when a Rap Artist could do a Whole SONG while Telling a Storyline and Never Need a Hook or Singer (Maybe a Sample) But It was All so Simple Then ~>
    I could Drive From Anaheim to Los Angeles and Never Hear the Same Song Twice on the Radio and Be Fully Intertained While In Traffic... Im Just Talking about 2001 Just 5 Years Ago...

:( My Question Is "WHAT THE FUCK Happened???" :poke:

~>Did 50 Cent Single Handley Destroy HIP HOP???? :spitdrink:

6. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Hmm, I don't dislike Hip Hop, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it. Some of it is cool, but I prefer Punk/Rock myself.:rocks:

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well, i wouldn't say that it's dead, i think it's just going thru a transition right now. i still like Mos Def, Nas, and all of the older guys. but most of their music are classics now...makes me feel old. Pharrell has been putting out a lotta good stuff w/ some other new artists...and Lupe Fiasco is pretty good too. but, i agree, they do put out a lot of garbage on the radio nowadays. blame it on the boy bands and britney spears. now you even have people like Gwen Stefani trying to "rap" if you can call it that. even Nelly Furtado is getting in on it...and Justin Timberlake has some good beats, but his music is different. you'd prolly have to go to Japan to find Hip Hop in it's truest form again...the Japanese have the right idea, from what i experienced when i was living there=) I don't know what's going on w/ Hip Hop as a whole these days. That new song w/ P. Diddy and Nicole from the Pussycat Dolls is one of the few new songs that i like on the radio, but mainly because that girl is so damn hot man. one:rocks:

8. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    personally i hate this new stuff. my cd player in my car is now strictly a "CD" player. i dont remember the last time i listend to the radio much less newage rap. i liked the old stuff. i remember listening to tootsie roll and all that lol. what was that like early - mid 90s? i think public enemy was the last rap i listened to. they try to listen to new rap at the shop and i go over and turn it off! now i am a metal head all the way, shadows fall, children of bodom, As I lay dying, anthrax etc.. best music imo is the 80s metal bands. ratt, dio, scorpions, motley crue. even back when i was listening to the old rap i favored the metal about equally so i dont guess my thoughts count for much but...

80's > 00's

"yo wats that foul scent? no deodorant. i guess yall finally caught me riddn dirty" :roflmao: