1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS300 tastes first blood.

Discussion in 'Racing and Track Battles' started by BoostSpyke, Oct 18, 2006.

1. BoostSpyke

BoostSpyke New Member

Start a Conversation
    Last weekend, the IS met it's first kill. I promised myself I would NOT abuse the new car, because it's too nice to tear up, and I can't afford to repair a blown tranny or clutch, at this moment. It also is no where near as fast as the Accord was:slap: . I've had the Accord at 14.5, where most IS tuners can only get 15.6-16.0 out of stock trim, but I was hanging out with my friends this weekend...

A friend of ours had just bought an 05 VW Jetta GLI. Very nice car. turbo 1.8, 6spd, traction control, all the nice stuff. I nearly bought one, until I found my IS's. Alan owns this perticular Jetta. Great dude. Alan just raced a 03 Eclipse V6 5spd, and Alan was passed like he was standing still. Total murder. Everyone had been wondering who had the faster car between my IS or Alan's GLI, and I said the GLI had me beat, hands down. Alan was a little down about the lose to the Eclipse, so I offered to be a friend, and give him some gratification. We agreed on a 40roll (not my cup of tea. My car can launch like hell, with traction control off). 1,2,3, Go. I get the jump, and Alan's drops a car length, waiting for his turbo to spool. I see he is at my back bumper. 3rd gear shift. I pull slightly, and he drops another car length. I watch as his car is still sitting right where it was in my side-view. 4th gear shift. I hear his blow-off valve, and he drops back again. He has to wait for the turbo to re-spool at every shift. I win by 3 car lengths. Hard to believe that, since I always thought the GLI was much faster. I talked with a buddy that rode with Alan, and he watched closely for any mistake Alan made. Alan can shift very well, but the car has to respool. That sucks. It would have been dead even, too. But anyways, I had fun. No one got hurt, and the IS has drawn blood upon the streets.:woot:

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice kill :)

3. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    oooh you are a good story teller...good job on the kill

4. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    congrats on the win man :thumbup:

so i guess this means your back to your old expensive hobby again? lol

5. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Tru, I would have guessed the boosted GLI for the win too lol

6. BoostSpyke

BoostSpyke New Member

Start a Conversation
    more than likely, not. I've made up my mind that my car will NOT suffer downtime, due to modifications. Small stuff, intake, exhaust, header, SSR SP1 wheels, and Tien S-Techs. No turbo kit, no motor build, no Getrag 6spd swap, nothing that would require more than a small batch of handtools. The car can handle being a nice performance car, and handle being a 100% reliable DailyDriver with no CELs, broken parts, or sacraficing luxury.

I ran the car to have fun, and to shut some people up. And the 2JZ just sounded sexy as hell at 100mph.