1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM Headlights

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by digitalkid56, May 22, 2007.

1. digitalkid56

digitalkid56 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Wow no love for my EG6 front lip question huh? Anyways.. I just got my headlights in today wooot. Anybody running HID's? If so, what brand and what #? I was looking at the $160 ebay ones, but a friend of mine told me those suck balls.. any experience with HID's here?

Planning on getting the EDM glass aux lights also, I wonder if I could squeeze a HID kit in back of those too..

One more question regarding lights.. I just ordered a pair of front fogs, do they usually come with yellow or clear lens? What about the bulbs.. I kinda like the yellow look..

2. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    i've got 12k h4 hids in my jdm headlights. but i had to cut the h4 hid down to fit in the h4h headlight housing, but they work fine. the edm glass headlight i think still take h4h's not sure though, so watch what you buy..

front fogs are usually clear but there are yellow ones from new zealand i believe. other wise just get some yellow h3 bulbs to put in them. mine are clear jdm fogs, but i haven't put them in yet

3. digitalkid56

digitalkid56 New Member

Start a Conversation
    What color does the 12k look like? If more whitish or bluish? And what brand HID are you using?

4. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    they're a purple blue tint. the low k's start at yellow then go to white at about 6k, 8k and 10k are blue's.. the ones everyone has, 12k purpleish and 15k are really purple. i actually dont know the brand i have to look at the box, my good friend does orders for them all the time through one of his friends..

5. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    best pic i could get of em'

they're brighter in person.

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h231_xshezx_P5030078.jpg
    ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h231_xshezx_P5030078.jpg

6. EG1CR-X

EG1CR-X New Member

Start a Conversation
    i want some jdm headlights,anyone know if hids will melt the plastic housing?

7. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    no they dont