1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JDM power-folding mirrors

Discussion in '96-00 Civic' started by 97-ferio, Aug 15, 2006.

1. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    where were you able to find LHD folding mirrors? or are they the non power fold type? just curious, cause i don't want my new toys to irritate me when i drive. :)

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    update

well, i gave it my first shot in trying to install my power fold mirrors. it's pretty simple IMHO, but the one thing i couldn't figure out was how to run the wiring through the door jamb and into the cabin of the car, without it looking like a crappy job. i may hold off a bit on this project till it gets warmer, so i can take some time to crawl under the car and see what's up with the door jamb. i am only running two additional wires from each mirror, as the JDM harness has the extra two that the USDM one doesn't have for the power fold option. what i was trying to do was run the wires through the hole that the existing wires run through from the door and into the cabin. but my wires never seemed to go all the way through. they kept getting stuck somewhere...i had to give up after 3 or 4 hours of trying. i was kinda pissed cause i was so close to finishing, if i could just figure out how to run those two wires thru that damn hole. so, i was thinking i might have to pull the whole door off to get better access to the path the wires take into the cabin. it's such a tight space to work in where the wires run thru from door to cabin. i will say that the mirrors looked great mounted onto my car, but i'm not gonna install these things fully until i can figure out a way to run the wires into the cabin correctly. luckily i was doing it one at a time, and i had only worked on the driver's side mirror, so it made it that much more easier when i re-installed the OEM mirror after giving up. if anyone has any helpful info, i would greatly appreciate it. especially if i don't need to pull the whole door off, that would save me a lot of time and pain.

thanks in advance,
    -Mark.:)

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    help please? anybody?:eek:

4. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    pic might help out i done mine but not sure how your mirriors

5. Hapino808

Hapino808 New Member