1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jdm swap

Discussion in '96-00 Civic' started by ridgroe121, Oct 9, 2006.

1. ridgroe121

ridgroe121 New Member

Start a Conversation
    hi im new here and i want to know if you can swap a h22a motor into a 96 honda civic coupe. if i can, what would i need to fit it in correctly without any problems:eek:

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    you sure can...just be sure to buy a motor mount kit, and a wiring conversion harness too...if you don't get it w/the motor, you will also need the H22 ECU, shift linkage, tranny, alternator, distributor, etc. as far as axles go, i'm not sure how to answer that, sorry. i haven't researched too much into the H22 swaps, but i do know that it is very possible. check out Hasport's website, and see if you can ask them the same question and get a response. they do all sorts of motor swaps all the time, as well as make all kinds of mounts/wiring harnesses for different Honda swaps. if anyone can answer your question correctly, as well as point you in the right direction, it would be them no doubt. good luck, and let us know if you have any more questions man.:) peace:rocks:

3. 93DA

93DA New Member

Start a Conversation
    i think hassport sells the axels othgerwise u have to custom mod the ends of the axels that go into the tranny

4. ridgroe121

ridgroe121 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Sweet! now i just need to know if can get the right axles. If a cant get the right axles and need to customize them, then ill just go with a B18c5 instead and make things less complicated.:cheers:

5. ridgroe121

ridgroe121 New Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks man

6. 93DA

93DA New Member

Start a Conversation
    Its Gonna Be Sick Man Lol Good Luck Post B4 During And After Pics

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    hey no problem:) and yes, please post pics of the swap process, just in case we have someone else who does this swap in the future. you could also post on our sister site, civicland.com ...good luck:)