1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loud door

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by EvilSol, Jul 6, 2006.

1. EvilSol

EvilSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    is anyone else's door sound loud when they close it? it sounds like it shuts hard and metal-metal. as opposed to most civics, which sound a little softer. is it the glass window that rattles because it doesnt hav the frame around it?

2. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Mine sounds a bit rough, but I think it is because the seals are bad and it is actually making contact with metal through the worn out seals. Might want to lube up the seals with the stuff Honda sells. Hint: It's dielectric grease :p

3. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
  4. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    If you want to lube up your seals use silicone grease, but make sure its the 100% stuff you can get it from electrical places in the UK costs about $10 a tube will last a while, apply it every week will soften the seals up & definately helps stop water leaks

5. EvilSol

EvilSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    awesome, thanks, ill try that!!

6. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think Chelby (pres. of AZSols) has some of that stuff...bring your car out to the pool party on aug. 19th and we can hook you up ;)

Definately a seals problem though. It's either the seal next to the window vertically or the pieces of rubber where the door meets the body. At least from the metal to metal sound you are describing that seems like the only place it could be.