1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man found fatally shot after streetrace

Discussion in 'Racing and Track Battles' started by EastEndMotorSports, Oct 24, 2006.

1. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    An 18-year-old Holbrook driver was fatally shot after a passenger in his Jeep called police to say someone was firing at their vehicle, Suffolk County police said Tuesday.

Suffolk police said they received a 911 call at 10:37 p.m. on Monday from a man who said he was a passenger in a car that was being chased and shot at by someone in another car. Shortly after, the caller's vehicle crashed into a wooded area off of Patchogue Holbrook Road near Broadway in Holbrook, police said.

When police units arrived, they found the driver of the vehicle being pursued, Thomas Herzberg, shot in the head.

Emergency units rushed Herzberg to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 1:01 a.m, police said.

Police have not released who made the call, and said the passenger in the car described the suspect's vehicle as dark in color.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS or the Homicide Squad at 631-852-6392. All calls will be kept confidential.

Meanwhile, police closed Patchogue Holbrook Road for virtually the entire night while detectives investigated. The road was cleared about 7 a.m.

Newsday Staff Writer Wil Cruz and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Copyright 2006 Newsday Inc.

Yeah so this really came as a really shock to me because I went to school with this kid, he graduated with me this past year. I mean this an extreme example of what could happen when you participate in a contest of speed with a stranger. I think we're all guilty with screwing around in our cars but this just reminds me that sometimes I need to slow down a bit. Take care of yourselves guys.

2. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Jesus what is this world coming to? There has to be more to the story but either way im sorry to hear that.

3. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hence the reason I do not race for stakes, just for the pleasure of racing, and when I win, I usually just leave the scene anyways...for obvious reasons. I also carry a S&W .40 cal. handgun in the glove compartment for self-defense...I have a concealed weapons permit too so... I am also an Air Force cop if that is at all funny...lol!!!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    /\ exactly, thats crazy man. suks cause you knew him personally too :( post up more on this when it becomes available, i want to know the rest. deepest condolences to the friends and family that were involved.

5. DelSlowSI

DelSlowSI New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow that is the reason i dont mess with strangers....i also keep a cattle prod next to me...those things shock like hell...decent defence for a 17 year old

6. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow...thats just crazy. people definitely need to slow it down.