1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazda 6

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by 2000CivicHatch, Sep 21, 2006.

1. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    So what do you all know about the Mazda 6? This is the car that I'm gonna have to be dealing with for a while, until I decide what I'm gonna do about the Civic (if you don't remember, it was stolen and stripped). I might be stuck with the 6 for a while, so I might as well personalize it, so I can feel semi comfortable in it...unlike my Civic:( . SO, any info you guys have about this car, let me know. I've already done a significant amount of research, but still, LMK! Thanks :rocks:

2. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    apparently, nobody likes mazda 6's :(

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i like the mazda6 a lot. in fact, my very first car was an 86 Mazda 626, the older brother to the new Mazda6. i just don't have any info on performance mods or personalization things for this sexy car.:) i know that the new mazdaspeed6 that's coming out is supposed to have all wheel drive, and a turbo powered motor. i'll try and look up some info to help ya out...the Japanese version of this car is the Mazda Atenza...and comes in the sedan as well as the 5-door wagon. my buddy recently bought one, and he says it's a thrill to drive. i'll let you know if i find anything...how's the build-up of your hatch going so far? :)

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    well... i used to work as a tech for mazda. i dont know a tremendous amount about the car but ill try. is yours the V6 or 4cyl, auto or 5spd? what exactly do ya want to know about it? a guy comes to the shop that has tanabe duals on his. sounds pretty good. the v6's feel pretty stout and the 4clys ehh there not bad powerwise. never had anything bad mechanicaly wrong with the cars that i know of. i was thinking about buying either a Mazda 6 or 3 at one point in time but i backed out. the mazda speed 6 is supposed to be nice! havent kept up with the mazda line since i left there. just let me know and ill try to help ya out on some stuff, if ya want some mazda speed stuff i might still be able to use my dicount to get ya something but im sure you will prolly be able to find it on the net cheaper. what are you going to do to "personalize" it? anyway let me know man.....

6. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    I have no idea what I want to do to personalize it. I was thinking just a badgeless grill from mazda. Dunno. The car has everything that my other two civics didnt have: power windows, power locks, sunroof, etc...

Anyway, about the Hatch..My parents are taking it back and are going to have it rebuilt by a shop, then give it to my brother who is in need of a car. Lucky him, huh? I'm going to buy all the parts, because I don't want crappy parts for my baby. I'd rebuild the car myself, but I'm in a different city until December, away from my tools at home. Anywho, I'll keep you guys updated.

I'm gonna post pics of the 6 in the members rides area, as soon as I get the love bugs off of my front end!

7. 2000gsr

2000gsr New Member

Start a Conversation
    What do you want to know about them. I used to sell them. Mazdaspeed actually makes a lot of stuff for them. Adjustablt coilovers, short throw shifters, intakes, and shit. They a really nice cars though. I like them a lot.

8. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    I know that the MazdaSPEED 6 is fast as a mofo. Something like 276 HP. The regular mazda 6, not as fast. I like em though. I'd love it if it was a 2 door. Of course I feel that way about alot of sport sedans.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    274-hp† 2.3L DISI turbo engine
    EPA city / hwy. mileage: 19 / 25

/\ to be exact....

10. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    I belive I have the Mazda6i. It's a 2.3L. Not bad. WAY faster than the d16y7!!

EDIT
    It has Variable Valve Timing...:)

11. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah boy, can't wait to see pics:thumbup:
    Then we'll have to do another shoot, so you can update ur avatar with the new whip

12. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    ya cant wait for pics either, when will they be up? :poke: