1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by Kiwi-Corolla, May 23, 2016.

1. Kiwi-Corolla

Kiwi-Corolla Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Haha yep, that ground gets a lot of action from this girl. Yes please do! I'd be keen to see the build.

Well, it's been a week so far and the splitter is still there, without any real damage. I've scraped it on a bunch of entrances etc, despite being extremely careful and taking extreme angles wherever possible, but so far so good. The goal of making it to at least a month could well be achievable, but time will tell ;)

Obligatory victory shot:

[​IMG]

2. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
  3. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Start a Conversation
    Double exposure on the 2nd pic to show the interior thru the door? Very cool ;)

4. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
    Yep, one of the door open, one shut, and then merged part of the 'open' photo to the closed door. I've been trying a few different techniques lately that I've always wondered what would happen, and so far the results have been interesting :)

5. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
  6. gsmith281

gsmith281 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hooolyy! This thing must have cost a ton of money. It looks so clean and so sexy, I just have no words to describe it... You did a really good job, I hope you're proud of that car. It looks amazing, really!

7. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
    Well guys, it's been almost 2-years since I sold the Aurion, and I'm pleased to say that I bought it back a couple of weeks ago from the same person I sold it to. When I originally sold the Aurion it was a regretful sale, but we were buying our first home and the difference between our offer on the house and what the seller was willing to accept was about the cost of the car, so sadly it had to go. I've wanted it back ever since, so when the opportunity arose to buy it back I decided to take it.

She still looks the same as the day I sold her, albeit with a few more km's and stone chips here and there, but for the most part she's exactly as I remember. I also have a Lexus IS350 which I take turns driving to work on alternate days, but they both share the garage together and it's a nice feeling to have the old girl back again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Start a Conversation
    Very cool that you have it back now :)

9. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
    Yeah! It's quite a conversation starter, haha. Feels like she never really left to be honest.

I'll have to get some photos of the two cars together sometime, but here's some photos of the IS350. I bought it completely stock in May 2018 as a fresh import from Japan, but so far have done: Front and rear bumper lips, throttle controller, carbon wrapped center console, trunk lip spoiler, roof spoiler, Vland tail lights, S2000 muffler tips, AF Dynamic air intake, chrome fog light surrounds, custom LED rear bumper reflectors, rear bumper reflector surrounds, Lexus light up high stop lamp, headlight eyelids, front mudflaps, facelift F-Sport grille, anodized red brake calipers, 20% window tint and a leather stitched dash mat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
  11. Kiwi-Corolla

Start a Conversation
    I've had this particular style of LED rear bumper lamps installed for the last 3-years, but after noticing that one of them had moisture inside the lens I decided to swap them out for new ones - And to my surprise, they now do one with a sequential indicator instead of a normal flashing one, so they're even better than before! :)

Here's the video I uploaded to YouTube earlier: