My Aztec Green 1992 Integra GSR Project...

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by Daniel, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
  2. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
  3. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
  4. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    there are lots of si rims on ebay and i dont know what you mean by acura fat five??

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    thanks guys,
    I saw the M7s on eBay, I asked about the condition on those, and the seller avoided answering my question, so that tells me they are a no go. Also the description says "They are all decent shape!!!."
    Decent does not = Mint what I am looking for.
    The SSRs on eBay I saw as well, but they have been painted blue, yes they can be refinished, but I am looking for a mint set with original finish first if possible. Plus you never know what you find underneath all that thick blue paint (ie. repaired cracks etc).

Kevin, that is the same seller I saw selling them at the forum I posted above. Those a perfect example of what I want but I would like to find the 4 x 100 bolt pattern. As for the conversion, I seen this done as well, but not my style to do it. I prefer the OE look for this car, some reason IMO 5 lug on these cars just don't look right to me.

6. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    well i see your being very picky with it. thats awsome i wish more people would be like that. your car looks good and for a car that old, and to be 1st hand thats amazing your lucky. that guy could have probly held out for like 5k if the paint was still good and got it.

7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    You gotta be picky. :) I have always felt if you are going to do something, do it right. Always spend a little extra if anyones budget allows. This is my point of view, but I am a little more older, and this isn't my main car or daily driver, so I can be patient with the project. I am doing it for fun or some say "shits and giggles". Also, don't get me wrong I can fully appreciate those who's budget isn't big and have to do most of the work themselves and need to buy what their income allows.

As for finding DB2 GSRs they are extremely hard to find untouched or unmolested. Most Integras in general have been modified poorly, abused and in general not in good condition. Also being a 16 year old car, you have to factor in normal wear and tear. Mint, low mileage GSRs have no problem fetching upto $6.5K or so. Don't bet on finding many left still. I read somewhere there were only 3500 GSRs made for 1992 and 1993 combined. (Correct me if I am wrong on these figures.) The seller only sold it because he had a bad knee from a basketball injury, so driving with a clutch was too painful. The car was sitting for the past year rarely driven and it shows, I think most of the paint problems happened within that last year, especially him living in the San Fernando Valley where it has grueling 100 degree summers with sun beating down.

To be honest, I have searched for months and months and almost gave up on the search, as it was too frustrating to find one in the condition that met my criteria. Most or should I say almost all, I seen have been trashed. The last one I went to see, the guy said it was mint, same color with under 100K miles, he wanted $6 grand. I spoke with him on the phone and I asked a hundred questions like I normally do, before I waste my time driving to out to see it. So it sounded like the holy grail of well kept GSRs. I offered him $5.5K over the phone if it was all he said it would be. So we decided to meet at Cerritos mall, so I get there and he was inside shopping while he waited for me. Right when I pull up to the Integra in the parking lot I noticed a dark area near the rear quarter panel. Yup you guessed it, it had some rust. I am like shit and think to myself it's not so bad, so I walk around the other side and the whole right side had a few areas actually rusted through including the door. Plus it had the same problem with the clear coat peeling off the whole top. This guy had the adacity to ask 6K for the car and not think to mention it had rust when I asked him about the body. I asked about dings, dents, scratches etc. and you would think, he would say "it has several rust areas". Rusted cars in So Cal is not common. Anyhow the guy is still selling the car on craigslist, but now he is asking $4.5K. I doubt he will get anywhere close to that figure.

Anyhow I always like this style, I feel the design is timeless. I am not into the street racer type look or the heavily built engine etc. I want to keep it simple, prestige looking, functional, comfortable and clean.

New paint will be coming with the next week or two and still deciding on what suspension set up as well. :woot:

8. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
  9. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    from one old man to another, amen! :woot:

10. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  11. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    i wish i were in the states right now i have been wanting to find another midori hatch sence i sold mine but now i just got a new car so its gonna have to wait a while but it will happen eventualy. so i expect to spend awhile searching for it.

12. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah after the summer i will have a lot of money and a new car will be on its way so i will be searching for that pristine jdm car that i want dont quite know what it is yet but i will be going for that clean original look as well

13. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    why Fat Fives? Why not LS Meshes?

ai98.photobucket.com_albums_l263_aburruss_1990_20Integra_20LS_IMG_2908.jpg
    ai98.photobucket.com_albums_l263_aburruss_1990_20Integra_20LS_IMG_2908.jpg

14. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes LS meshes look very good as well. I really am a Fan of OE wheels, especially when they are minty.

15. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    ls mesh are my favorite OEM wheels. i've had gsr blades and si's but the ls mesh's always look the cleanest. IMO you car would look sick with some ls's and a nice little drop.

16. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    New Paint Coming

I will be dropping the car off at the paint shop this Saturday for new paint.:)

Harbor Automotive Center in Garden Grove will be doing the complete paint job. I visited the facility today and it is very pro, very clean. I took a look at some of their complete work and very impressed. No flaws, no orange peel, just glossy perfect finishes. I spoke with Chris there and we agreed to have the GSR done for $2700. With new weather stripping, new front lip, and new windshield stripping. It will be about $3000.

The Integra has never been in an accident so there in no extensive body work needed. All panels, fenders etc have excellent fitment, no unsighly gaps, so that is the good news, the bad news is alot of the paint will have to be stripped to the metal especially where the clear coat has been peeling, so pretty much most of the car. So this will require some work. Everything will be removed prior to paint, bumpers, headlights, tailights, antenna, wing, door handles, mirrors etc. and it will be fully color sanded and buffed as well. I was convinced and assured when dealing with them absolutely no shortcuts will be taken, nor any skimping on supplies and material. I think he got the picture that I was very stern and picky with the type of job I was looking for. Estimated time to complete will be about 1 month, which is fine, I rather have them take their time than feel rushed.

Here is the web address if you want to see more about the facility and some of the work they do there. I will try to post some pics, during the process if time allows. Since they are about 30 miles away from me. http://www.harborautocenter.com/

17. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    More Detailed Pics of 1992 Acura Integra GS-R

Here are more detailed before pics, so you can get more of an idea of the flaws, scuffs, scratches, dings etc., this Integra has accumulated over the course of 16 years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  19. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    wow, nice find Daniel! :thumbup: it won't take long for the teggy to look like new, it's good the previous owner took good care of it. good luck with this project, i can't wait to see where it ends up.:D

20. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Awesome project.

I always wanted to get a '92 or '93 GSR to add to our families collection. We have a '88, '97 (mine), and a '00. All Integra's, all LS's. I think it'd be cool as hell to have each generation of integra.

First, I thought since it was all original and you bought it from the original owner that you should leave everything stock and not modifiy it. It's just amazing that ALL of the records have been kept. We've tried to do that with our '88, but I think we're missing 2 or 3 receipts. After going through the entire thread, I love the way you're going with it. The subtle, OEM with a little splash of JDM here and there to keep the overall "clean," stock look is the only option in my book.

I cannot wait to see new updates on this and the wheels you choose. Too bad those Works were 5 lug, I think it would've look really nice with an old school effect.