My Aztec Green 1992 Integra GSR Project...

Discussion in 'The Garage - Member's Show Off Area' started by Daniel, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    90-93 Integra OEM Style Floor Mats

Since the Integra is down until the paint gets completed for about a month. I will be collecting parts. Anyhow I bought some OEM style floor mats. These are replicas since Acura no longer produces these and hasn't for years.

Anyhow I have been looking high and low for the real deal ones but that is impossible so I decided to give this company called DS Tuning a try with the floor mats they offered. They custom make the mats to the factory original templates. You can choose the color as well. I went with the factory Graphite (Charcoal Grey). They are super plushy, with awesome edging and grip backing. I also opted for the custom "Integra" logo embroidery which I seem to have gotten the last sets they were able to do. The night I ordered and chatted over email with Graham there, they have gotten into a bit of trouble with American Honda Motor Co. for Trademark infringement for unlicensed use of their logos. So lucky me, my order just went through with the logo option. Regardless, the mats are worth ordering for their quality and fitment alone, no need to buy the cheapy discount automotive store ones.

I don't plug other companies or sites often by I recommend these mats, their turnaround time, service and of course product. http://www.dstuning.com

I went with 2 sets (4 pieces each set) since I knew I can no longer get the embroidered logos on them, so I have a back up set. I also got a rear cargo trunk mat as well which is sold seperately. :)

Total with shipping came out to $243.46 shipped. However you can spend less and get just the plain mats for $50 or so plus shipping. Ok here are pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    OMG

:eek:hsnap:

Congrats Daniel on Souch a Rare Find.
    In Good Condition. Aztec Green GSR is Hella Rare.
    I agree with you, I wouldnt go over board with the whole JDMness.
    I would Just Restore It and Sit It Hella Clean on Some Nice Mint OldSkool Rims.
    Cough **GALE** Cough

This Build Thread is Gonna Be Sick!!!

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h179_yellowdcn_1zxmj53.gif
    ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h179_yellowdcn_1zxmj53.gif

3. silentscreams85

silentscreams85 New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice find. i could probably count on one hand the number of B17 gsrs ive seen over the years. super rare. lookin forward to seeing some progress :)

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Mint MR5s Make a Offer...

Here is a Link Below to a Set Of MINT MR5s

http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=17275

:poke:

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I always love MR5s, that goes true for all Mugen wheels.

6. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    And they're mad skinny 15x6. I know I've seen 15x6.5 and 16x7.

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    15's FTL

Yea 15s is not a Good Size 16s would be alot Better... :)

I still going to keep my Eyes Open Looking for Minty Fresh Wheels.

http://www.jdmland.com/

Im Searching for these Mint... :googly:
    aimg237.imageshack.us_img237_8925_mugenm7xd9.jpg
    aimg237.imageshack.us_img237_8925_mugenm7xd9.jpg

8. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I really like 15" wheels, they seem to fit the car proportionally, 16s are better only in some select wheels ie M7s, MR5s and some work and volk wheels.
    As for the 15 x 6, doesn't matter to me much, I am looking for a very OE look.

Anyhow, I did buy some wheels and will post them when they arrive. All I will say is that they aren't M7s, I kinda gave up for now on finding them new or perfect (probably will never find them new). I also came close to buying a brand new set of MR5s this weekend. I ordered them Saturday from memoryfab.com on Saturday and the replied to me today saying they have already been sold on Friday. :( They were asking $1500.

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used/a20080506095100/

[​IMG]

Quotation No: 080518004043

Date: 05/18/08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM DESCRIPTION EACH PRICE QTY TOTAL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mugen MR-5

4Hx100 @ 15x6 +38 Silver polish lip two piece. All caps, bolt covers, valves included. Brand new display set. J $1,500.00 1 $1,500.00

Shipping Charge $60.00 $60.00

TOTAL $1,560.00

So you got it my order was cancelled. C'est la vie. :ermm:

9. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    UPDATES!

Ok. It's been awhile since I updated this thread. Good news is that the GSR paint has been completed, just needs a final polish and buff from the body shop. I went down to see it today and have a few pics to share for now. So far so good, the Integra looks flawless, just very dusty in the pics. Notice the JDM moldings. :D
    Once I get the car back, I will still need to get new OE wiper arms and blades, new cowl, new bumper lenses, new 1 piece headlights and replace the antenna mast.

I am in the process of getting all new emblems, I will have all of them shortly.

And final update on the wheels, they should arrive early next week. Ok here are a few pics I took today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    damn Daniel! you really did find a diamond in the rough!!! im gonna need my Aztec Green GSR fix after you're done!! :D

11. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks Deibidosan! Actually I am just getting started. ;)
    I will pick up the GSR this coming friday and will finish off the exterior with the parts still needed as mentioned about.

Then I will move into cleaning up the engine bay. I will have it degreased one more time then do a complete detail and tune up. Then lots of new parts to come.

Here is my shopping list for the engine bay:

-New OEM Valve Cover
    -New OEM Wire Cover
    -New OEM Valve Cover Gasket and Plug Seals
    -New OEM Cam Seal
    -New OEM Fuel Filter
    -New NGK Spark Plugs
    -New OEM Wires
    -New OEM Distributor Cap
    -New OEM Rotor
    -New OEM JDM Oil Cap
    -New OEM Battery
    -New OEM Batter Tray w/Bracket
    -New OEM Dipstick
    -New OEM Belts
    -New K&N Drop It Filter
    -New Header Heat Shield
    -New Hood Insulator w/Clips (Underneath Hood)
    -Mugen Radiator Cap
    -Mugen Fan Switch
    -Mugen Thermostat
    -Mugen Oil Filter

That should be it for the engine bay unless I come across something I forgot. These pieces really add up from the Acura dealer, most parts aren't cheap but I really want the engine to look like showroom condition.

I also picked up a really rare find. A NEW in the box Alpine 8070L alarm system. Alpine no longer make alarm systems, they were perhaps the most innovative and prestigous alarms. Truly they were ahead of their time. I used to have an 8080 in my old DA Integra and loved the alarm. The 8070 is the near identical as the 8080 with the exception of having the paging system, which I never used before. These things retailed for $400-$500 or so. I picked it up for $160 shipped!!! It also included an extra remote with ROM chip, those alone went for $150 (discontinued as well), but didn't have the Owners Manual and wiring instructions. The wiring I have figured out already and the features I know how to use. Regardless I ordered a replacement manual from www.pacparts.com for $16.91 shipped. This is a great place to find new old stock or discontinued electronic parts. Recommend!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ITEMS ORDERED
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mfg Part No Description Price QTY Total
    ALPINE M-08070L OWNERS MANUAL $5.00 1 $5.00

Sub Total: $5.00
    Sales Tax: $0.41

Shipping Charges: $11.50
    ------------------------
    TOTAL: $16.91

Anyhoo, this is truly a great security system, has all the usual, door locks, flashing lights, window break mic, led, vallet, door/trunk/hood triggers., starter cut etc But best of all is the bells and whistles, the 4 EXT outputs to turn radio on/off, open close sunroof, open close windows (with manual hold) so you can open them half way etc. Also supports optional radar, which I am hoping to find a new one if possible (used ones show up here and there). Well I will remember how to do the stereo on and off feature by remote (needs a latching and single pole relays, more on this later). Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow man thats one good lookin car! and your shopping list is awesome as well. i cant wait to see it done........well as done as anybodys car will ever be lol.

13. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Cleanest.

Its Looking Very Good so far, The Paint Looks So Clean.. :cheers:

14. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Wheels Have Arrived

Update: Wheels have arrived today! Since I am a fan of Mugen wheels, not only because of their construction and quality but as most like them, they just plain look good! Going along with the theme of the GSR, getting it back to a mint OE state, I decided to also go with Mugen wheels. As most know there aren't many "clean" sets out there. Rarely you will find old new sets for sale, there are collectors that hord these in their garage, most never want to part with them. Believe me I tried to find a new set of MR5, RNR and even M7 wheels. Of course no luck.

So my option was to find the cleanest set possible again, there aren't many "mint" sets around. Yes there are lots of great condition ones with a little curbing here, few scratches there, little blem there, but being perfectionistic sometimes I knew I would have to pass on finding "mint" Mugen wheels.

Option 2, going with a new set of alternative brand wheels, ie Work, Volk, SSR etc. All awesome manufacturers. However for some reason as alot of Honda owners know, Honda + Mugen go hand in hand. So I decided.....

Option 3. My option. I looked to find a nice clean set of Mugen wheels with no damage, no cracks, no bends, curbing etc. Scratches in the finish, no problem with that. So working with Jack from www.RBMotoring.com, I came across a very nice set of Mugen RNRs in silver finish, 4 x 100 15 x 6.5 +45 offset. These wheels are very light, weighing in at about 10.5 pounds each. A really nice set of wheels, but you got it not mint. :slap:

So what to do next was to have RBMotoring completely refinish the wheels to OE spec color and finish. A complete professional thorough process of turning these puppies (they aren't really puppies, it's just a term) looking like new. What a job they did!! Immaculate finish. :woot:

So those interested in going this route, I would highly recommend RBMotoring in refinishing you wheels. They sale lots of rare wheels from Japan at fair prices, some new, some mint, some that need to be refinished. Anyhow just want to thank Jack for the work they did. Process took about 3 weeks (I didn't want them to rush the job and asked them to take their time with my set) however turnaround time may be quicker in other cases.

Now that the rims were looking brand new, the center caps didn't.
    :(

With a little luck and perfect timing, I came across a set of brand new in the packaging Mugen RNR center caps with all new screws, plates and tool. Like little gems safe and secure in their protective enviroment. All I can say the caps weren't cheap. Anyhow enough rambling and off to the pics! Notice the original Mugen RNR boxes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  16. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    you are my hero Daniel! i was really hopeing that you'd find a nice set. even if they had to be refinished. or should i say restored. amazing. i can not wait to see them on your car. as clean as the paint is with these super clean RNRs is gonna be rediculous!!! magnificent!! :thumbup:

17. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation

Haha, thanks! Yes the wheels came out flawless. Still lots to do.

Today the body shop called and the car is done! I will try and pick it up tomorrow or sometime next week. I will share final pics then.

Here are a few more pics, the RNR caps in the packaging

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the RNR with the old caps, they are still decent but you can tell the difference with the new caps in the pics in the prior posts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Another box arrived.

Another box arrive, this one is pretty big. It is a brand new OEM carpet in graphite black.

The carpet currently in the Integra is pretty bad, it isn't mangled or ripped, it is just quite dirty. I am sure it can be cleaned but NEW is better! :)

For those who have 90-93 Integras and wan't to do a new carpet as well, do not, I repeat do not wait to long to order yours from Acura, they are no longer producing these and I checked many dealers to find this in stock. Once they are gone thats it.

For those on a budget, there are companies that make aftermarket carpet kits for a fraction of the cost of the OEM Acura ones, I heard they fit well, but none of the holes for the bolts, shifter, seat belts etc are not precut and this can make for a little work. Also they don't have the clips on the edges were they meet the door sills. Also some trimming will be required.

Here is the part number for reference for the OEM carpet. It is for graphite black. Since they are OEM, of course they will fit perfect and no cutting, etc will be required.
    83302-SK7-A01ZBm List price is $350.82

I ordered mine from http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com
    they offer a 25% discount online. So it came out to $263.12 plus shipping of $45 (a bit oversized) for a total of $308.12. The carpet will make a huge difference in the interior. Match this up with the new floor mats I got it will look nice and new. I will need to order the rear cargo carpet soon as well as a new cargo deck lid. The seats, I have yet to decide what to do.

More on all this interior stuff later, once I move onto workign on this area.

Just a peak for now. :baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JDM lover

JDM lover Member

Start a Conversation
    Awesome DA.

20. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    WOW. Awesome find one those wheels and you cant tell theyre not fresh outta the factory! Glad to see your build is coming along. Keep us posted :)