1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Car Was Stolen!

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by 2000CivicHatch, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, they found it. Wasn't a pretty sight. I guess it could be worse...Check out the pics:
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic001.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic002.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic007.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic008.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic020.jpg

We'll just have to wait and see what the insurance company says
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic001.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic002.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic007.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic008.jpg aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v604_2000CivicHatch_DeadCivic020.jpg

2. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    They left the TF bace..?... weird.
    Suck so bad dude, I'm sorry. :cry:
    Did they leave the whole interior?
    I'll give ya a call later after I get off work:thumbup:

3. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    terriable loss dude. at least its back and it could have been worse. are you goin to fix up that car again or sell and start over with a new project? good luck with the insurance coverage.

4. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    I'm probably gonna sell the shell to my buddy...Maybe I'll get a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Twin Turbo AWD

hahaha..yea right. I am looking to get a 3000gt though...

5. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    its a shame....atleast they found teh car....does it still run?...

6. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    not to offend you or anything but by saying that you are looking to get a mitsu 3000GT i suspose you know about their problems correct? they are notorious for oil leaks everywhere, heard of many auto trans issues, and the list goes on. I used to work as a tech for Mitsubishi and my gf wanted one until an older tech told me to stay away. i could call the guy and get more info on them if you want. i dont remember exactly what all he said.

Sorry for the down note but just being informative.

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    :( they totally raped your poor hatch. have you found anyone trying to sell your parts in the local area, or on eBay, or anywhere for that matter? that breaks my heart, and it's not even my car. peace bro:)

8. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    Nah, it's not a problem. I've liked 3000GT's for the longest time now, and I would just like to have one as a DD, without doing anything to it. If you could call the guy and ask him about the main problems, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks

Yeah, and they did rape my hatch. Seems like somebody needed a 99-00 front end conversion...Couldn't afford it so they had to steal it. They're gonna be really proud of their car now...crap!

9. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    yep just a DD, not gona do a thing. thats the way i thought when i got my sol. an aluminum flywheel, clutch, and a header later i was like, waita minute.... lol

but ill call that guy and get back with ya tomorow on it.

10. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    Awesome! Thanks so much man!

11. BRANDON

BRANDON New Member

Start a Conversation
    what are you selling it to your friend for?

12. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i couldnt go from a hatch to a mitsubishi!? lol! glad for you that you at least got it back! :)

13. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow... it is definatelt still fixable..thats pretty weird the front end is gone and thats about it. guess they really didn't want anything else.you should keep it and build it back up.

14. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    Ok, so I lied. I'm probably gonna build my baby back up. My question, however, is how the insurance works. We have a $1000 deductible. So, I pay 1k and the insurance pays the rest. BUT, how do they pay? Will they give me an "Up to" amount, or just pay for the parts/labor?

15. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    :thumbup:for sticking with your hatch man! lol for better or for worse right? someone correct me if im wrong but i believe the way it works is... you get an estimate at a shop for how much it will be to restore the car back to origional condition, factory clip, wheels, etc... unless your insurance is to cover your aftermarket parts but i doubt it. they should quote you a paint job too, i think i saw a scuff above the lr fender that wasnt there before. but they then will mail you a check for that dollar amound and its your choice to spend it as you please as long as you pay your 1k deduct prior to. If the amount to fix the car excedes the book value, this is when they total the car and pay you the book value for the vehicle. < not sure if they would total it because of stolen parts though but this is why im not an insurance agent. like when my gf's aunt backed into my delsol their insurance wrote me a check and i fixed my fender myself lol so i pocketed $800..:rocks:

best of luck with it and let the restoration begin....

16. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    do like i did...take it to the most expensive local body shop and have them do the estimate...i did that and went to the next one below it and sstill saved a few hundred

17. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    /\ exactly. most estimates are free but have heard of a few that charge. most of the reason why the big shops are so high is the large overhead that they have to clear, therefore, estimate more. as long as you stay with a reputable smaller shop, the quality should be up to par. or if you want to save even more, do most of the work yourself then pay for the rest. shop charges are costly.

18. 2000CivicHatch

Start a Conversation
    Awesome! We'll just have to see what happens!

19. jhmed

jhmed Member

Start a Conversation
    I had my 00 Hatch stolen last December... I know what you're going thru.

They drove it 2 blocks away and tried to pull (literally) the bumper off to get my OEM fogs. They damaged the passenger headlight and snapped the bumper (it was cold and the plastic was brittle)

They left everything intact in the interior... took some spare change. Actually when she was recovered they'd left a cell phone, power inverter and booster cables (nice set too) inside her. Must have gotten spooked and ran. I turned them in to the police.

They only made it 2 blocks because on my way home from work I'd been driving with the gas light on and was probably on fumes by the time I got home. I was tired and lazy and didn't stop for petrol... LOL, that's probably what saved my car from being more eff'd up than it already was....

But I feel your pain... glad they found her though.

20. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    best of luck with the rebuild bro. if you go the way everyone is suggesting with the estimates for your insurance company, you could buy the oem-jdm type parts from password jdm (i.e. fenders w/sidemarkers, hood, front bumper, and headlights) with your insurace check and go from there. at least only the front end was taken judging by the pics, along with your rims...looks like they left your suspension which is good. so, it shouldn't take too long for your rebuild. good luck mang:)