1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Car Was Stolen!

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by 2000CivicHatch, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks guys.....I feel the love!

2. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Dude, theres so much love on JDMC it's ghey....in a good way:thumbup:

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    lol:)

4. danman281

danman281 New Member

Start a Conversation
    man that sucks! Did you have an alarm or anything?

5. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    I know how you feel man, my civic got stolen in san antonio. It hurts my heart, and the thing that pisses me off the most, is the idea of someone else driving your car around, even if it was for 15 minutes or however long it was, just picturing them driving it around is the worst thing about it. Car theft is bad in San Antonio, after mine got stolen i got an integra and my friend was dropping me off at my apartments and someone was breaking into it right in front of me. We stopped him, but he had a piece, and we had nothing. So now i have a quick release hub and i take out my ecu every night so if they try to get her, she's not going anywhere. Its a pain, but i'd much rather see herbroken into in the parking lot than stripped in a junkyard.

6. jdmxCREEP

jdmxCREEP New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow :( i hope the build goes well and fast :D this thread changed me. like last week my friend he owns a hatch and i asked him if he knew anyone who was selling a good car for cheap and he told me he knew some one who sold his dc2-with a gsr in it and he keeped the spare key when the guy bought it soo that he can steal it back and sell it for cheap and i was gona do it for 300 dollars but now that i know how bad it feels i said f-it i dont wana ruin that guys days :/ it sux i hope no one is dumb enough to do it good luck :D

7. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks guys...I'm going to have a shop do the rebuild, because I don't have any time at all. Nor do I have any tools with me here in college :thumbsdown:

I had to go a week bumming rides from my friends here, and I HATE that shit. Now, luckily, I have a POS rental (Chevy Cobalt). My parents just bought a Mazda 6, so when the rental period is over, they're going to let me drive the 6 around for a while until my car is finished.

Now, if I let the shop do all the work, can I order the parts and have them delivered to the shop, or how does that work???

8. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    ya im not a fan of the chevy pole-vaults either. do like the mazda 6 though, 4cyl or V6?

but back on topic, yes you can order any parts you want but i do suggest that you ship them to your place and personaly deliver them to the shop. this way you can be sure that the shop recieves the correct parts. for example they might ship the wrong hood and the shop installs and paints it then when you get your car bak, and its wrong.

9. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    You could probably get a discount on shipping if it is to a commercial address, just make sure the guys are trustworthy and they're not gonna screw you. But if you don't know the guys doing the work, i'd get the stuff shipped to your place and then take the stuff up to the shop, you don't wnat to get jacked twice in a two week span... Sorry again about your loss, i know first hand how you feel. I hope the build up goes great.

10. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i too would prolly have the parts delivered to your residence, and then transport it to the shop your self, just for your own assurance that everything gets done right. i know how much it sucks to bum rides from friends, i had to do it for two months because my buddy and i blew up my old motor.:) at least you got the rental car tho, hopefully insurance is paying for that for you while the car is in the shop...and kewl, you get to drive a mazda6 around too after the rental...those are nice:) :thumbup: good luck my brotha.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey man whats the update on your civic? what parts have/are you ordering? havent heard anything out of this in a while just checkin in.