1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new future project

Discussion in '88-91 Honda Civic/CRX' started by 97-ferio, Apr 26, 2007.

1. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    When I get to Hawaii, I plan on looking for an EF Civic to use as a daily. I'm thinking of probably going with a 91 Sedan, but may get a hatch if i find a good deal. the EF will be the daily beater so i can focus on completing work on my 97 Sedan. i'm looking at doing a B20 swap into the 97, and taking the D-Series from the 97 and putting it into the beater. i just need a reliable daily driver, i also plan to use it as my beach car too so i don't have to worry about my 97 getting broken into or stolen while i'm out surfing. EF's are fairly cheap in Hawaii, and I could possibly have this car not too long after i get there, while i'm waiting for my other baby (my 97 Sedan) to get in from the mainland. I just wanted to know what years you guys think are the best for the early model civics before 1992. comments are welcome.:thumbup:

Thanks!
    -Mark.:D

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    first of all, congrats on moving to HI for a bit. i had no idea :)

second off, i prefer the hatch or crx over the sedan. if you need more than 2 seats, go with the hatch ;)

and id also like to say i may be starting a new project soon. its between 2 cars and its up in the air right now. ill make my own thread when the time comes (if it does) :googly:

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    werd, thanks for the input kevin. i got military orders to Hawaii, moving home because of family matters.(and i still never sent that DVD to you yet to have Top Setup sign it, lmao:googly: ) anyways, i was wanting a hatch, but if i find a sedan first at a good price, i may go for it. i'm a sucker for 4 doors i guess. a friend of mine was telling me that a buddy of his recently sold a EF Sedan with an LS swap for $500, so i'm happy to see prices for EF's are still low. i was only thinking of going with the sedan for practicality, but i think a hatch would suit me more, just because hatches are easy to work with. whatever one i get, i plan on fixing it up over time, and then selling it for more than i bought it...or maybe a trade in for my 04-05 WRX STi later? i know it won't net much worth, but it'll help with the downpayment. i dunno. more comments are welcome, and good luck with your project too kevin.:D

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    just a few reasons why i would get an EF Sedan...easier to mount my temporary surfboard rack on too with teh two extra doors:thumbup:

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF1.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF2_2.jpg

ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF4.jpg

this is prolly what i would want my EF Sedan to look like if i were to get a sedan. clean and simple:thumbup:
    ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF3.jpg
    ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF1.jpg ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF2_2.jpg ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF4.jpg ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i244_ferio_photos_EF3.jpg

5. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    if you go with the hatch, i think i'd go with the 88. my CRX was an 88 and the seat belts are on the b pillar. after 88 they are on the door! very annoying! someone please correct me if im wrong! :)

6. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    Just remember that any EF that you pick up is OBD1 and your current ferio is OBD2. Speaking of your current ferio, when the hell are you getting new rims? haha :googly:

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    point taken on the differing OBD's. well, i was gonna get my new rims last month, but then i found out my wife and i got our orders approved to get transfered back to Hawaii, so the new rims are on hold...again. i'll be getting teh new rims once we get settled in Hawaii. i'm anxious to have some new rollers already, but i need the money in case something unexpected pops up. to make myself feel better, i bought those SiR headlights and got my suspension lowered and balanced. so, that'll hold me over till we get back home. i should be getting some much needed financial relief when we get home, so new rims will be ordered when the cash flow starts coming in again.

and dbendel, yes i believe you are correct about the seat belts. when doing my overviews of 88-91 civics last night on autotrader and google, i noticed the seatbelts were on the door on the 90-91's. that would annoy the sheet outta me, so i think i'm gonna look for something from 88-89. i'm still torn between the hatch or the sedan. i have to stick with the civic in case i need to carry extra people in the car, but i love the crx. it's a hard choice!! so, whatever i find at a decent price that's in decent condition i'll get. i can sacrifice practicality if it's at a good price. since it's still only my wife and i, we don't need teh extra space for teh baby seat...yet. we'll see i guess.:(

but yeah, so far teh plan is beater EF Civic, and teh new rims for teh 97. :woot: :woot: i wish money grew on trees, lmao:)

8. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    a buddy of mine over on talkjdm found me a clean 88-91 Civic sedan for $500. i'm not sure what year it is yet tho. woohoo!:D

9. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    damn thats a good price! :)

10. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i know...i had to explain to my wife the reason why i wanna get a cheap car when we first get to Hawaii, lol. (so that we don't have to worry about transportation issues and relying on our family for anything) she wants to use that $500 for stuff for our house in Hawaii. i have connections in Hawaii, so i think this idea for the beater will still become a reality. the hatch is sounding like a better option now, lol. but i'm still keeping the sedan in my thoughts

11. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    Damn, those EF looks clean. Hope you find yours.

12. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    damn. i SO want an ef sedan. the gas mileage of my mustang is killing me :p

13. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    i like the ef's but i would go with the crx i know you want to mount a board but the crx imo drives alot beter, but the hatch with the right work could be just as good if i didnt know the shipping would be a beeotch i would offer you my left over hatch stuff , i got fenders with makers, bumper fillers, an ee9(euro ef9) driver seat(its like the crx seat, my old ef had the whole set and then i mounted a race bucket), and a euro crx lca w/sway bar, and maybe some other stuff, if you want to pay shipping though its all yours (for my military peep)
    good luck with it too

14. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    if i do go through with getting a project EF, i will give ya a shout ONEateEssex. i'm still debating...i have the money to get a beater project car, i'm just seeing if i'd rather get a small pickup truck...looking at something like a Nissan Hardbody, Frontier...somewhere along those lines...or an old Datsun pickup...we'll see.:)

15. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    ive been thinking about a truck project too toyota or nissan, it would be awsome to see a sr or 2jz in a truck

16. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    2jz truck haha i bet someone has that too. :p

17. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    if a 350 will fit in a toy truck a 2jz would be no problem
    but i think a 2jz would be way better
    i'm pretty sure ive seen a sr20det in a nissan pickup though and that would be an easy swap with the right year truck

18. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    sr20det will fit in a nissan hardbody...the hardbody comes stock with the ka24de...that'd be a sweet ride.:)

19. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
  20. rmoracer34

rmoracer34 New Member

Start a Conversation
    doing a ef2 would be a nice project. Chad Castelo with the jtuned.com ef2 is by far the sickest ef2 I have ever seen.