1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nash MVP 2 Years Back to Back

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Anything' started by Daniel, May 8, 2006.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    First I must say congratulations Steve Nash on winning the MVP twice in row. I can now say the deciding process for this award is faulty and this award is now a watered down, worhtless award. Might as well gave him the "Employee of the month award" and a mug with "Worlds Greatest Son" on it while your at it.

This is were the problem of awarding an MVP arises. This award is supposed to be for the "BEST" player in the league, which should be decided on personal statistics) Which should have been Kobe, just look at all the Records (League and Lakers) that he smashed. This shouldn't have been handed out to Nash just because he makes the rest of the team better. Total BS, he's already on a f$%$ing good team, for Gods Sake that team is stacked. The team made HIM a better player. He dishes it off and they make their shots. Kobe dishes and they miss and miss and turnover. WTF. Thats why the best team gets the Finals Trophy, so sperate the two and stop with the "oh but he makes the team so much better, he is so great he shares the ball". Again garbage the MVP is supposed to be a selfish title not a "team" trophy. Like how the MVP or Cy Young is in baseball.

As for Kobe he can only make the rest of the team so much better. I mean for gods sake we have Smush as a starting point guard and a subpar starting lineup. Even Odom doesn't play with enough heart.

So this year award is :bs: So you are telling me Steve Nash is the best player 2 years in a row? :puke:

Kobe is already in the likes of Magic, Byrd, Jordan, Thomas, etc but Nash=Ainge or Majerle, just a good player at best. So if you are going to award the MVP cause of how good the person plays with the rest of the team, then you might as well give it to any one of the Pistons or better yet give me a Tony Parker.

Switch Kobe with Nash with the Lakers and you got the Dallas Mavericks all over again.

Ok I am done ranting. Yeah I am a Laker fan which is obvious and a little bitter. Anyhow all comments good or bad, please reply I can take the heat.

2. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    this is y he was made MVP again

2005-06
    Statistics
    PPG 18.8
    RPG 4.20
    APG 10.5
    EFF + 24.15

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(10.5)
    Ranks #16 in the NBA in Field-Goal Percentage(0.512)
    Ranks #6 in the NBA in Three-Point Field-Goal Percentage(0.439)
    Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage(0.921)
    Ranks #16 in the NBA in Three-Point Field Goals Made(150.0)
    Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists(826.0)
    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Assists Per Turnover(2.99)
    Ranks #1 in the NBA in Assists Per 48 Minutes(14.2)
    Ranks #2 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(276.0)
    Ranks #10 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(1908.0)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(24.15)
    Ranks #7 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(32.76)
    Ranks #3 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.49)
    Ranks #1 in the NBA in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes(4.74)

3. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    MVP stands for most valuable player, how can u be that without a team? ur not valuable to urself but to the ones around u, yes KOBE is a GREAT player, but he is at time a ball hog, so how does that make ur team better?

the suns have made it this far without there leadering point man in amair and i think he lead the team in REB also, but im not sure