1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help keeping the cops away!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by jdmSiR, Nov 13, 2006.

1. jdmSiR

jdmSiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    i'm getting a bit tire of getting pull over for the muffler sound, i have a 94 accord with an H22a setup stock headers high flow cat 2.5 inch thermal r&d cat back exhaust system with 2 2.5" tips nothing big. the sound well is not as bad but my car is a regular sedan gold color no racing stripe no stickers it looks like a regular accord except for the exhaust and sound.

My question to you guys is what have you guys done in the past to fix this problem. Or what systems is out there that have the performance with out the rice sound.

A quick story:

This past Saturday i got pull over coming out of the gym with 2 friends in the car by highway patrol officer comes to the window and states that the exhaust noise is the reason for pulling me over, has me step out the car and open the hood (and accord with an h22a man I start to kiss my car good bye) he sees my intake and i point to the carb exempt sticker, he looks at the engine looks at the side at the pulleys and then points with his flash light to the engine and said that is illegal. :cry:

Then he points at the k&n valve cover breather then I realized that he meant that the k&n breather was illegal and was not talking about the engine. So I told him that by chance i have the hose that goes from the intake to the valve cover and I put it on and he said to get in my car and go. :eek: :eek: i mean sir yes sir!

Sorry for the story but like most of you here I have work too hard to lose my car for some small reason like that.

Plz help with some feed back on options or again exhaust systems that do the job.

2. deadpirate

deadpirate New Member

Start a Conversation
    go with a stock exhaust...i know it sucks..but thats prolly the best way to kill the sound

3. jdmSiR

jdmSiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    The taught did cross my mind, but i just want to know if there is another way keeping some of the performance with the less sound possible.

Don’t take me wrong i'm not a big fan of the sound or the look of a more than 3" tip on any car.

Even on the pic below I’m really not to please with size of my tip on my civic, it is 3" but i think i would of being ok with a 2.5" tip but i have no fears if i get pull over on that one at least yet.
    [​IMG]

i just got of the phone with thermal R&D and they said that for the accord they could make a costume silencer that should bring the decibels levels down, but i would really like to hear what you guys done for the sound.

4. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    a silencer maybe?

5. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    Tell the cops to suck a fat one :D

6. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    floor it next time haha

7. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    i'd put on a stock intake with a drop-in filter... or make a box around your K&N intake filter... i know i'll get some flak for this statement, but the intake definately changes the exhaust note!!

8. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    that's interesting, i'm running basically a straight pipe and i drive past cops at 160 km/h and i don't get pulled over... seriously, did it twice two nights ago.

guess they just hate you, however try an RSR X*Mag i've heard those are pretty quite

9. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation