1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help w/ Safety 21 5 point roll cage

Discussion in '240SX Silvia' started by aav240sx, May 24, 2009.

1. aav240sx

aav240sx New Member

Start a Conversation
    I've been wanting a cage for the longest time and decided I want a safety21 cage.

So I contacted Nukabe Automotive because they're the main distributor for North America and they told me they will not be bringing anymore inventory, rollcage wise, until the economy improves. :slap:

Nukabe re-directed me to a site called edoperformance.com, but the price they quoted me was $715 shipped which is a good bit more than what I know some folks have paid for a plain 5 point steel cage and I would have to wait 12 weeks. :poke:

So what I need help with is finding a dealer that is selling a 5 point cage at a reasonable price or even a good used cage w/ all the hardware.

Or is 715 dollars shipped for a Safety21 5 point cage the going rate at this point in time with this kind of ecnomic situation?

2. Maikeru

Maikeru New Member

Start a Conversation
    You may want to call Touge Factory. I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure they can get you a roll cage for cheaper than $700,or at least they used to be able to. Otherwise, Ill Garage is local as well, and they specialize in Honda and Nissan.

*EDIT* You live near Chicago right? If not, they're still worth calling.

3. aav240sx

aav240sx New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm not really that close to Chicago. I'm located in Virginia haha, but I think I'll send them an email to get a quote and see if they have anything.

4. Maikeru

Maikeru New Member

Start a Conversation
    ...why did I think you were near Chicago? :slap:

They should be able to help you out. Otherwise search Ebay for a Cusco Roll Cage. They're good quility from what I hear, and I know they were only like $500 new. Used they should be pretty cheap...

5. aav240sx

aav240sx New Member

Start a Conversation
    So I heard back from Tommy at Ill Garage and he informed me that Cusco has shutdown their U.S. office... lol

So it doesn't look like I'll be getting a brand new safety21 cage anytime soon. :pooping:

6. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Sucks man :(

Tommy is a good guy. He'll be my boss starting on Monday :eek:hsnap:

7. aav240sx

aav240sx New Member

Start a Conversation
    Haha yeah, he seems nice. He was quick to reply to my emails, which is more than I can say for touge factory... They haven't responded to my email yet. :(

O well, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open in the for sale threads on forums.

8. Maikeru

Maikeru New Member

Start a Conversation
    Touge Factory is also a SHITLOAD busier than Ill Garage, so that's kinda expected. Good luck in trying to find a roll cage though.