1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new tires

Discussion in '01-05 Civic' started by gsmith281, May 19, 2017.

1. gsmith281

gsmith281 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey guys! I just got myself a cheap, used 2004 Honda Civic, it was all I could afford.
    As you can probably imagine, there's a lot of work to do to this car to make it "ready for the road" again, as it hasn't been used in a while. One of the first things I want is to get some new tires, as these ones are really, really old and I clearly can't go back on the road with them. I want some year round, all season tires which can last me at least a year, if that's possible. A friend of mine guided me to holmesTire, but I don't find it very useful. Could I have your guys' opinion, please? Thank you!

2. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Start a Conversation
    question is, what's the goal for the tires? Performance only? Longevity? Snow use? Used or new?

3. gsmith281

gsmith281 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well longevity is really important. It doesn't matter if they're used or new, but I'd prefer new if possible. Depends on how much it costs. I don't want to spend more than, let's say... $800. Thank you!

4. geo02

geo02 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Decided with the tires already? Not heard of Holmes tires. BFG, Goodyear, Michelin and Toyo tires are quite popular around here. I personally like Michelin premier A/S for wet traction and quiet on highway.