1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some advice :(

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by framedearth, Jun 5, 2015.

1. framedearth

framedearth New Member

Start a Conversation
    I recently traded my previous car for a 2001 Lexus ES300, the car looks fantastic inside and out, except for when it comes to mechanical side of the car. Im guessing previous owners neglected to change the oil regularly, i took the car to my local mechanic for a speed sensor problem because the car would shift just a little hard and no OD and trac light was on and threw a speed sensor code, well i leave the car with the shop, he calls later in the day saying he had to have the car towed back to the shop because the oil light came on and started to starve for oil, now the engine knocks under load and faintly knocks just idling, the amoubt of gunk/metal shavings were on the bottom of that oil pan, guess it threw a clot threw the pickup screen . Idk what to do with the car, any and all suggestions is appreciated! Here are some pics. Everything works on the car, sound system still sounds great too. Just a shame its so pretty but doesnt run good. Also wondering how much I could get out of it. [emoji27] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]And this is what was found in the bottom of the oil pan among other places. How can someone be so careless...

2. framedearth

framedearth New Member

Start a Conversation
  3. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Start a Conversation
    It would be worth pulling the oil pan and seeing just how much damage was actually done. If it was caught early enough, you might get lucky and just need new rod and main bearings.

Unfortunately, the car value goes down significantly with engine damage...