1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SG!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Daniel, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Got a new guitar, Gibson SG Standard in Ebony Black! I love everything about this, the construction, look, quality, tone, weight, and the sound from the 490R and 498T pickups. Very versatile guitar. I got it for a good price too, most places online like music123 goes for about $1169 + tax + shipping, so I just rolled down to the nearest Guitar Center (Redondo Beach) and picked it up for a cool $1100 out the door! :woot:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_sg_standard_electric_guitar?full_sku=100295612

Now I just need to find time to play this damn thing too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Nice buy Daniel! I was a player myself! I have owned an ESP M-300 electric and a Fender Stratocaster. I have since sold them both, and dropped the hobby... stupid cars... Make some time to play, especially after $1100...

3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I also have a Fender, the "Tom Delonge" Graffiti Yellow Srat. This is a cool guitar but very limited in sound, and IMHO good for rock/punk only. I was debating on selling it but these are getting tough to find being discontinued for a while and also tough to find in good condition. They have increased in value, especially with Blink182 breaking up and Tom doing ANA and Hoppus and Barker in +44. So a lot of publicity for Tom right now, so the guitars are being bought up and also the fact that his Gibson model is over $2K.

You should pick up another guitar.:)

[​IMG]

4. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I would, but it is expensive, and I would rather play video games and drive my car right now...

check your PM for me Daniel!

5. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    what kind of marshall head and cabs are those?? very interesting looking. i have a bunch of oddball amps

6. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
  7. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    It's just a Marshal Micro Stack
    http://www.music123.com/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack-i19929.music
    $300 at music123, a tad expensive for a 15W practice amp but this is still a Marshall so easily compares to a Fender 25W and other cheap brands 50W. Great Marshall sound, very loud and doesn't distort at high levels. Loud enough for what I need it for. Recommended!

Cool studion your family has, dig the Les Paul. I used to have a Silver Single Humbucker Showmaster.

8. solbrothers

Start a Conversation
    yeah i have a couple of older smaller amps, an epiphone 5 or 10 watt(cant remember) and a late 70's radioshack amp... with !MaDd JdM dIsToRtIoN yO!

9. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Looks really nice, wish I knew how to play.