1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obscure Videogames!

Discussion in 'Video Game Junkies' started by EastEndMotorSports, Mar 30, 2007.

1. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
    Platform:Nintendo 64
    Developer:Quest/Nintendo
    Publisher:Atlus
    Genre: Real Time Strategy, Role Playing Game
    ESRB Rating:T

IGN Score: 8.8/10
    Gamespot Score: 9.1/10

Description
    Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber, sequel to Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, is a strategy-role-playing video game developed by Quest/Nintendo and published by Atlus for the Nintendo 64 in 2000. Though basically similar to the original Ogre Battle, it has borne some notoriety for significant game play tweaks that received varied receptions among fanatics. Ogre Battle 64 is the sixth entry in the eight-part series.

Plot
    he story follows Magnus Gallant, a recent graduate of the Latium Military Academy, and fledging captain in Palatinus' Southern region, Alba. As civil war erupts in the country, Magnus eventually decides to join the revolution, first liberating the southern region with the help of Zenobians, then turning to the western region of Wentius and Nirdam and uniting with them, then returning the Eastern Region of Captrium to the Orthodox church, and finally marching on the capital of Latium. However, along the way, Magnus' battalion, the Blue Knights, find their enemies escalating, from the puppet kingdom of Palatinus, to the Might of the Holy Lodis Empire, to the Dark Hordes of the Netherworld.

My Opinion
    This is one of the best games for the N64, without a doubt. 5 years ago I was browsing through the N64 games at Blockbuster and came apon this game. I didn't really think anything of it other than "Oh cool an RPG, let me check it out." I thouroghly enjoyed this game and actually... never returned it :D :D :D. Later on that year, I went to Borders with my mother and while looking through the strategy guides I came apon a lone pretty banged up copy of the strategy guide for the game! (One thing to realize is that this was 2002- nobody was playing N64 anymore). Long story short, if you like RPGs definitely hunt for this game, it is a jewel. I'm kicking myself in the ass now, because 2 summers ago I let a coworker borrow the game, and strategy guide... a week later that same coworker quit... I never got the guide or game back :(:(.

an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_ogrebattlep_2.jpg
    an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_ogrebattlep_11.jpg
    an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_battlin9.JPG
    an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_ogrebattlep_2.jpg an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_ogrebattlep_11.jpg an64media.ign.com_media_previews_newimages_ogrebattle_battlin9.JPG