1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Official Rota Love/Hate Thread**

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires' started by Nachtmensch, Jun 9, 2006.

?

Do You Like Rota?

1. Yes. I'd Rock Them Any Day

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. They're Good For The Money

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. No. I Dislike them.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    :roflmao:

2. BRANDON

BRANDON New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'd rather buy ROTA over some other entry level wheel off ebay.... If i had the $$$ to spend on the real thing.. chances are.. i wouldnt buy the real deal because i get tired of wheels after time.

If i did have a civic with TONS of $$$ invested i wouldnt buy rotas.....

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i agree with that...i don't know how people run into curbs all the time, must not be paying attention i guess:) i drive big ass duece and a halfs (military transport vehicles) from time to time for my job in the chairforce, and i don't even curb those big ass things...in okinawa's narrow ass streets, i never curbed my wheels when i was zipping around in my car. hmmph, oh wellz...anyway, what i was gonna say is that 600 bones for BuddyBlub rims w/ tires mounted and balanced is an awesome deal mang:) and they look so good on your silvia too. i need to get myself some good luck one of these days, hehehe:) rock on:rocks:

4. clubeg6.com

clubeg6.com Member

Start a Conversation
    Im never a fan of these types of threads only because nothing good ever comes from em. I have no problems with Rotas just as long as people dont act like they are genuine JDM wheels and shit.

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes, these topics can get out of hand at other forums, so remember JDMC members, let's keep this forum different from the rest and keep these debates on the respectful side. Thanks guys. :)

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^^i concur with both of the above statements:)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    and no its not that hard not to curb wheels. in my years of driving i havent ever curbed a wheel either dude i was just simply stating that if i ever did. anything can happen right? great buy in the buddyclub wheels, deals like that just never seem to fall my way. they look good, did you get those off of a friend or on the net somewhere? (srry for the late post busy weekend)

8. i'm.not.JDM

i'm.not.JDM New Member

Start a Conversation
    i rock rotas, and i rock real shit too. here's my opinion on this debate...
    i build my car for me. it doesn't have to be jdm all the time. real deal rims are really hard to come by, and when you find them they are super expensive. just like the GT3's for example, they are the most whored out rim ever in history. try getting your hands on a set of GAB's. i've tried many times, then all you find are the 5 lug pattern in a color you don't even like. as for quality, it's questionable. i'm sure if you hit a curb at 10MPH with a set of m7's they'll be fucked up anyway. just like a set of no-name brand of wheel. i've never seen someone do a burnout with "fake" wheels and rip the rim in half.
    knock-off wheels are great for people who don't have 1-2 g's to spend on rims/tires. when peeps start making more money then they have the choice to purchase more baller wheels. i personally have owned some nice wheels but i have owned 2 sets of rotas. five years ago there wasn't even a debate of fake or real. no one even cared. the real crime is when people buy "fake" wheels and try to pass them off as real deal rims. if this stops, so will the debate...

9. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    my problem is dudes that get on cover's of magazines with flat black slips, i understand with the whole GT3 thing and getting a color that you like though cuz GT3s do come in colors that gab never produced them in

10. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well put:thumbup:

11. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    i take it you saw the bronze hatch on the cover of Modified mag hybrid heros? ya it had flatblack rotas:spitdrink: i noticed it too...

12. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah, I mean that dude had a sweet ride but if he spent all that other money (especially on the Imola Orange paint, which IMO is getting played out) then why not on the real thing?

13. imeonic

imeonic New Member

Start a Conversation

good point..
    the reason why you buy rotas because of the budget.
    but they(rota) are moving on now, people buy em to really use them in the track, and it show that they're improving the quality. the only issue is, they copy the designs, which i have no problem with :)
    i agree that if you can spend that much for all the accessories for show..then why not get the real deal.

Rota= streets
    Authentic = Show

/thread

14. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    ive rocked rotas on two of my cars no problems
    and as far a copies every one does it even the cherished mega jdm brands like rays rh advan enkei its hard to do new things in the car world
    some copies arent as obvious like most of the rotas
    ive move past my rota stage i want the real balla shit now thats why i put the gram lights on my crv and will probly put works on my 180sx
    but to each their own not every one can aford the balla rims like the rays and the like so the can still get the look they want at a price more reasonable
    me i wanna start showing more and the brand names help
    just my $0.02

15. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    i like em'. this is the first set i own, i got circuit 8's. i wasn't gonna wait around forever to find what i was looking for in the real deal so i went with the rota's. when i have enough dough and i find something i really want and am willing to spend the cash on i will. but for now i love the color of the wheels i got and i'm willing to wait for what i want later on..

16. oneoffaccord

oneoffaccord New Member

Start a Conversation
    i got a set on my ej1 coupe. rota j-spl. i love them, light and sexy looking. alot of people are rocking rotas. i think cuz they are cheap and durable

17. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i was thinking of going with the j-specials...they look nice and the price isn't bad...but i think i'll stick with my bronze MB Weapons for now:D

18. SiRalex16v

SiRalex16v New Member

Start a Conversation
    if they could stay more original .. i wouldn't mind them...

19. Ludey849

Ludey849 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think rotas pretty sick, as for you crazy "jdm people" that all they brag about is real shit,you think what you wanna think.Ima get some track r's soon.Rotas are cheap,realiable, and niceeee.

20. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Id rock em, been on blades for too long, im poor