1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts for an Impreza 2.5i

Discussion in 'Subaru' started by ImprezaSTi452, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey everyone. I'm looking into getting some info on parts for my '07 Impreza 2.5i. I've been looking around, but come up with nothing so far. I've even looked through Subaru's parts catalog. My question would then be this: Would intake/exhaust parts for a WRX fit on my car? I know that there is a difference in the manifolds because of the turbo, but I'm just looking for the cold air intake and cat-back exhausts. Any info would be a big help.

Also, I just moved up to NH (Manchester area) and I wanna know if there are any tuners up here, besides myself.

2. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yo brandon, good luck mang. I know you and I couldn't find anything

3. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
  4. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Awesome. Thanks bro.:woot: I never thought to look under the Subaru Forester model for parts. As long as its the same engine, I guess it really doesn't matter.

5. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah that is the best intake in the world so when i get my car we should meet up somewhere

6. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Sounds good. I'll be going to HIN Boston again this year. Maybe if I can get some money together, I can put some parts in by the spring and get my car to the show.

7. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah man weapon r is the best products out there if u have enough shit in ur car they will sponsor u at hin good luck an keep us updated

8. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, I finally found if a WRX/STi exhaust fits on my 2.5i. It doesn't.:( The guy at the parts department in the local Subaru dealer said that there would be missing pipe if i tried installing a cat-back for a WRX to my car. He said he's made up for the missing pipping, but it wouldn't be cost effective for me to try. On the other hand, WRX/STi suspension kits will fit.:) I guess they really don't make parts for a non-turbo Impreza anymore.

9. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    well if u r looking for an exhaust i can help u out there cat back or header all the way back???
    just let me know i will post some links up for u for both and then i can get more prices and shit later when u decide

10. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    i tried hks i tried apexi i tried skunk 2 i tried a lot of places so far an none seem to carry the exhaust for the non turbo see as u obviously know that if someone wanted performance that they would buy the wrx version so the best bet may be to go to ur local exhaust shop not meinike or someplace like that a custom shop and see if they can give u an estimate on a good exhaust and then u can just buy a good muffler hi flow cat to go with their piping. i know down here we have lous custom exhaust and also marios custom exhaust they are like right next to each other to so possibly worth a trip????

11. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    well struck some good luck maybe this sight is buddyclub.com they have a lot of good stuff but expensive so idk what chassis ur car is exactly or what motor code exactly so here is a chart for the spec 3 exhaust they have

SPEC III Systems are designed for JDM SPEC Vehicles.
    Click here for US Market Vehicle Exhaust Systems if you do not find your application below.
    MODEL

CHASSIS

ENGINE

MSRP (US $)

NOTES

SUBARU
    IMPREZA

GC8

EJ20

$598.00

IMPREZA STI

GDB

EJ20

$598.00

12. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks for checking out those sites for me. I was doing the same all last night. I think it would be a good idea for me to go to a muffler shop and get some prices. The guy @ Subaru told me the same about getting one custom made. I think he said something about getting it all done for around $300. It probably doesn't include the cat and I know it wouldn't include the muffler itself. If that doesn't work, I'll be willing to make the trip down.

13. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah if u do it that way u can get a hi flow cat for like cheap then find a muffler u like or that sounds good a lot of people put videos on youtube of their cars sound so u can get an idea off their and then bring it to a shop an say how much will it cost??? thats ur best bet

14. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I just checked out Buddyclub. The exhausts that they have are for an Impreza, but its the JDM Impreza, with the EJ20. I have an EJ25. It would be a lot easier if I had a WRX.

15. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah i just got on a site forum that a guy actually made a wrx header work for the 2.5i i will give u the link so u can check it out worth it idk but good idea i think ur better off just keeping the regular exhaust manifold and doing the exhaust from their back

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1420502

16. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I just took a look at the custom job that guy did. It's pretty insane. I think I would be better off starting with the cat-back from a muffler shop.

I was just watching a whole bunch of exhaust clips on YouTube, and that was one of the ones I saw. Watching all those clips made me realize that people do tune 2.5i's.:)

17. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    dude just get a universal hi flow cat and find a axle back exhaust. anything is better than the puny little thing on there now. and fine some cheep 17s cuz the stock wheels on your ride need to go :D

18. Chaos Performance

Start a Conversation
    yeah true true but performance before lokks always an up here right now there is a lot of snow so those rims are just fine

19. ImprezaSTi452

ImprezaSTi452 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I like the stock wheels on my car. I will do 17s, but I'm not going cheap. I still have plenty of time to decide. As for the exhaust, I'll wait till I have the money to get it all on at once, instead of high-flow cat here, muffler there. As soon as the weather warms up around here, I can't really do much of anything.

20. EastEndMotorSports

Start a Conversation
    cheap in price, not in quality :googly: