1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHDelSol's Question Thread

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by PHDelSol, Dec 19, 2006.

1. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    i figured id make my own thread that i can ask lots of retarded questions on... cuz i will as alot of question.. and most will sound retarded..... but im dope so i can do that :rocks: ....

1. Will a 92-95 civic midpipe fit on my sol? it looks like the bends are the same but im not sure..

2. Does the trans in my 93 d16z6 have different gears or ecu then my friend 95 d16z6 Ej1?? cuz i dusted the piss out of him... and i thaught our cars were around the same weight......

i shall have more to come.... thanks

2. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    heres more....

where can i get the CRX sticker that goes on the trunk lid???? i

whats years did they make Silver sol's????

did they make a silver VTEC sol in the US??

where can i order the Mugen spoiler online??? i dont feel like driving 20 mins from my house to King Motorsports :)

is there a replica mugen spoiler for the sol???

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop??

3. Neil

Neil New Member

Start a Conversation

www.kingmotorsports.com silly.

4. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    1) I am fairly sure the midpipe is slightly longer one the civic than the del sol. Also the flange at the axleback is roatated counter-clockwise maybe 20 degrees from the del sol flange. At least, this is the case with my axleback for an EG6 on my stock piping :p

2) I'm pretty sure and EJ1 is a civic coupe, correct? If so, I think your del sol Si is slightly lighter than the civic which makes a difference in a straight line race. Also, what suspension mods are involved?

Keep 'em coming, I know too much about these cars :p

5. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    1) I would try ebay or maybe Daniel can hook you up with one. I would PM him and find out :)

2) I'm pretty sure the silver only comes on 1997 S models, I could have it confused with another year though.

3) They made the Del Sol VTEC from 1994-1997 here in the US. It came with a B16A3 (or possibly B16A2...I always get them mixed up) motor in Granada Black Pearl, Milano Red, Cypress Green Pearl, Isle Green Pearl, and another color, I forget.

4) I can guarantee King won't have a Mugen spoiler as they are very hard to come by here in the states. I would try Ebay, that is your best bet for both the real Mugen and the replica :thumbup:

5) 84.3

6. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    b16a3 and the other vtec model was blue i believe..... fuck i love this site... yall gave me more info in 24 hours than i got out of solsociety in 6 months...... its so beautiful *sniffle sniffle* hahahahahahaha

7. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    ive seen EDM front bumpers with holes next to the grill with fog lights... where would that switch go in the interior??/??

whats years did the sol have the all black interior?

whats years did the sol have the trunk release inside the car??...... cuz i must have one cuz turning my car off to pop my trunk to take my top off pisses me off

ive seen that "two way paradise" sticker for the sol on Ebay a couple times.. WTF is that and what models did it come on???

8. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Those bumpers I believe are the JDM SiR del sol front bumpers. They are the 92-95 JDM and possibly EDM sols. The foglights run for about 300-500 on ebay :p

The foglight switch for right above the shifter in the interior.

The sol had black interior on VTEC model sols only from 1995-1997 in the US, I think the JDM and EDM high end sols had the all-black interiors as well. Keep in mind though, that if you truly want an all-black interior you must find the EDM visor conversion since if I am not mistaken there is a sol model over there that had black a-pillars and visors :thumbup:

The trunk popper came on 1995+ del sols in the US, all three trim levels.

I've seen that decal too, and I think it was some form of promotion or ad-campaign over in JDM land. I'm really not sure on this one though =/

9. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    where can i find fitted seat covers for my col?? cuz my seats are trashed... i hate them anyway

how much are OEM HOP seat covers for the sol???

did the make an all black seat for the sol in any country? i know they made the all grey ones in the newer sols....

what color stripe came in the black sols on the seats??? im guessing grey

did any sol come with a lip from the factory??

i saw the corner bumper guards on Rare-EG2's car, was that a factory option?

whats the difference between "honda Access" stuff and "Modulo" stuff

did the 1 piece headlights only come on the SiR????

did the JDM models have those amber corners or is that just some ebay bullshit

why did the US get the small visors???

were the any kinda of "Special Edition" sols made???

10. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    man you were totally serious about having a sh!t load of questions! lmao! but hey you never know if you dont ask! and some of the questions you asked are things that ive wondered about. i have 2 friends with sols that are always asking me questions cuz im in japan. so keep asking questions!! :)

11. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    your in japan.. SEND ME SOME STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    del sol stuff is hard to come by. Eg hatch stuff is everywhere. most people drive K-cars. im always looking though. if i find stuff i always post up! :)

13. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation

:eek:hsnap:

14. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    how do the JDM/EDM licience plate fillers connect to the car???

15. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Seat covers are extremely hard to come by, so Ebay would be your best bet. I would get them done in black leather with red stich if it were mine though :p

I honestly have never seen any OEM HOP seat covers, so if they do exist expect to pay a grip for them.

They made all black seats here in the US for 96-97 VTEC models :thumbup:

They had a black stripe with black material surrounding it. Quite sexy, actually. I'm more fond of the leathers myself though.

The del sol did not come with a lip from the factory for the US sols. The 92-95 Civic ex/Si lip is the best fit though.

He researched a lot to find them, but yes they are a JDM option for the car.

I'm pretty sure Honda Access and Modulo are the same type of deal, but I honestly am not 100% on that.

The one-piece lights came on all JDM sols I believe :thumbup:

The amber corners are either DIY spraycan or ebay BS, you are correct.

My theory on the small visors is because people here are generally taller than people in japan, and therefore a large visor would obstruct much more view while driving.

There was the Motegi and Daytona edition EDM del Sol models made, though that is about all I know about them :p

16. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    Someone clarify this for us:help:

that was my idea also.... but europeans are tall though too

does anyone have stats and pics??? i must find out more about these...:help:

17. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    wait... i found MIKO's thread on HondaTech....... hes my new hero

18. PHDelSol

PHDelSol New Member

Start a Conversation
    i know the 92-95 EX OEM lip fits.... but will any 92-95 civic lip fit the sol??

19. Speedracervroom

Speedracervroom New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah i think so

20. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    The aftermarket ones will not fit. For instance for a Type-R style lip, the 99-00 EK civic version fits perfect on a del sol :thumbup: