1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prelude Owners?

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by poonkla, May 3, 2006.

1. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Looks good man. Glad to have ya.!

2. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Why does it suck?

3. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    :eek:hsnap:
    I am so excited. My lude has a pretty big dent in the Driver's side quarter and I am getting it fixed next week!!!! I got an estimate from a shop by my work and they said it would be $960. Then I went to a body shop that I worked at when I was 16 and my old boss is hooking me up fat. The estimate he gave me was $480 after the "employee discount." He is such a cool guy. I haven't worked for him in like 6 or 7 years, and he is giving me a discount. I'm so happy because I have $450 in the bank and I get paid tomorrow, so I'll have enough money after I cash my check. Oh my lude is gonna be so beautiful, I can't friggin wait!!!!!!!

4. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Is it the f22? If it is, then i understand why it sucks.

5. JDMbullshit

JDMbullshit New Member

Start a Conversation
    because S motor F22a1 is slow

6. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Took my car to the body shop today. Maybe I will post some pics when I get it back, but I don't have any "before" pics, so you guys won't be able to see the difference. Also, I don't have a digital camera, so it may take a while to use up the rest of the roll of film.:thumbsdown:

7. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    DAW SHIT!!!!! I got my car back from the body shop today. It looks awesome. It is raining here, but when it stopped for a moment, I dried the car off so I could inspect the body work and it looks A+. Let's just hope it looks that good in the sunlight. I'm sure it will. It is so freakin' shiny. It makes me want a fresh paint job on the whole car even more than I already wanted one. The quarter panel is like a mirror. It's beautiful.

8. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Pictures?

9. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    x2

10. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    not yet, no digital cam. I have to use up a roll of film then get it developed. Give me some time....

11. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    What kind of 35mm do you use?

12. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    :mad: uh, disposable cameras mostly. Well, it was bound to happen eventually, I noticed a small chip on my fresh paint today. Pissed me off since it is only 2 days old. I hate my work parking lot. I swear there isn't a day that goes by that somebody doesn't put a ding, scratch, or chip in my car. I hit it with the touch up paint, which is a perfect match with the blue mica in it and all, but you guys know what touch up paint looks like... It's good straight on, but from an angle you can see how it sits on top of the clear. Especially on a black car. There goes my "mirror finish":mad:

13. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I would be in tears if I had to go into your parking lot everyday.

14. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's all dirt and gravel so I have to wash my car every 3 days or so. Also, I work at a towing/limo/auto detailing company. I do the detailing. So anyway, there are always random idiots that are all pissed off about having their cars impounded parking next to me and, well let's just say some people don't care about cars like we do. I try to double park as often as possible, although there are no real parking "spaces" so I try to find a spot wide enough for two cars between two cars that I know will be there all day. ( my co-workers) and then I just park in the middle of it. I'm not 100% sure that the chip in the paint was from anybody else in the parking lot. It very likely could have been a rock chip from me peeling out of my gravel parking lot today after work. I was in a bad mood. This made it worse.

15. slammed95lude

slammed95lude New Member

Start a Conversation
    I'm a lude owner as well BB4 check the noobie page for pics

16. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    :eek:hsnap: I think I may be buying a red valve cover out of this next paycheck. I really want an oem lip kit, but I'm not too good at saving money for too long, and it's like $700 plus shipping, so I'll probably wait on the lip kit. It's so hot though...

17. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Nice. Im looking to get a black valve cover. I know a place you can get the OEM lip kit for a good price. Im saving up for it right now.

18. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, first of all, don't you already have a black valve cover? It is probably chipping like mine is. I also know of a place to get the oem lip kit for cheap. I actually decided to buy the front lip instead of the red valve cover for now because my girlfriend and I want to go to an amusement park, and I'm gonna drop some dough there. Money will be tight until next payday if I get the valve cover. The place I'm getting the front lip from has it in Nighthawk Black Pearl for only $47.97. Can't beat it. All other colors are $172.20. I don't know why the black is so much cheaper, but I like it. The prices on the other pieces are as follows: Rear lip.................$270.60 Side skirts.............$350.55 BTW do you think it will look dumb with just the front lip on until I get enough money for the skirts and rear lip? I think it won't be too bad. Also, POONKLA, if your place beats these prices, pm me with the info.

19. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well my site you can get the whole kit for $565. I dont know what yours adds up to. I do have a black vavle cover but it looks like SHITTTT. Its chipping and ahhhhh it soo embarrasing.

20. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    $565 painted or unpainted? Thats a good fuckin' deal if it is already painted. Mine comes to $675 plus shipping and that's with the low price for the NBP front lip. All other colors it is about $800 plus shipping. Is this oem Honda parts made from ABS or is it fiberglass? I don't want fiberglass, I'd rather spend the money on ABS quality Honda fitment. What site is that from?
    Okay, so I think I found the site with the oem lip kit for $565. That is fiberglass and comes unpainted. The front lip would definately crack if you ever tap anything, or drive in the snow, or anything like that. I'd advise saving your money up and getting Original Honda Parts. ABS plastic is super stong, plus you will probably spend about the same amount of money total after you pay a body shop to prep, paint, and fit all 4 pieces. i don't care how good a company claims their fitment is on fiberglass parts, my body guy tells me he has had to stretch sideskirts as much as 1.5-2 inches to make them fit. That involves cutting the skirt in half and fiberglassing a section in the middle to add length. All in all, the Honda parts are the better deal. They come painted with perfect color match and you can hang them yourself because you know it will fit. $800 and no problems, or $565 +paint and labor +having to worry about cracking fiberglass. You do the math. BB Squad members gotta stick together. I can't let you roll on garbage. https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=1754&hp_series_model=PRELUDE&hp_series_year=1999&hp_series_door_ext_grade=2DR+BASE&hp_series_transmission=4AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=I&hp_component=XEX01