1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC Cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Anything' started by 97-ferio, Mar 19, 2007.

1. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Who here is into RC cars? I got into them when I lived in Japan because even though Japanese aftermarket car parts are much cheaper in Japan than here, it was still an equally expensive hobby...so i took up RC cars, it's a lot cheaper. Anyway, was just wondering...i hear they make small turbos for them, and there are a plethora of "aftermarket" hop-ups for these things. mine is a 2 speed nitro gas powered on-road car. the body shell that it came with is an S-15 silvia, but i have an R32 Skyline shell (made by Tamiya) i'm gonna paint and throw on over the car's chassis. I'm so JDM, my RC car is JDM, lol. all the stuff i have for mine was made in Japan...even the R32 shell. :woot: :woot: i know i'm a nerd.

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    BUMP! anyone else into RC Cars on here?:poke:

3. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I used to live right next to my hobby shop and had about 9 RC cars including on road off-road, gas and electric. I sold them all but I still have my on road nitro. Its an HPI Nitro RS4 2. 2 Speed tranny, disc brake, all carbon and aluminum. I had it clocked at 66 MPH back in the day :)

4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation

Now you got to show pics.:slap:

5. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    lol, i will...as soon as i get the parts i ordered for it. before i left okinawa, my car went haywire because of a weak battery and crashed into a R32 skyline that was parked in the lot where i was driving it. the thing was going so fast it ended up breaking the front steering block on the "passenger" side of the RC car. :roflmao: then i contacted the company that makes my RC and found out that they don't have a distributor in the U.S., so I had to search for the parts I needed online, and ended up having to order from a shop in the U.K. eBay didn't even have the brand parts I needed. lol. i would say the parts on my RC car are the rarest "JDM" parts to find in the U.S. j/k i'll post pics after i get her up and running again.:)

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    BTW, the S-15 is a nitro (gas powered) on-road car. i also have a R-34 Skyline made by Tamiya that is electric powered. it's the Calsonic GT-R:) i bought for $40 from a store in Okinawa called Jusco.

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i'm waiting on some parts to come in for my gas powered RC car. once i get them in and install, and get everything up and running, i'll snap a few pics. i was able to find my battery charger for my Calsonic GT-R the other day, and i was driving that thing around on my living room floor yesterday. it does some wicked burnouts on the wood floor. my dog wanted to eat it.:) pics will be up soon i hope. ;)