1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**S16** ~Sign up Petition~

Discussion in '240SX Silvia' started by CLUTCHONE, May 1, 2006.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    The Link below is a Pentition to Nissan North America, Inc to bring back the 240SX to the USA and Canada in the Fourm of the S16... :help:

To: Nissan North America, Inc
    We, the undersigned, respectfully request that Nissan North America, Inc review the current lineup of automobiles made available to buyers in the United States and Canada, and realize that the United States and Canada are ready for a change, and that a new 240SX(Silvia S16) has been away too long, the re-lauch is overdue and anticipated by many enthusiasts.
    My generation, the generation after me, and the ones before me have now shifted directions to the sport Compact segment and market. There is now a need for rear wheel drive coupes, with turbo engines or powerfull naturally aspirated ones. Take a close look at how well the Subaru WRX, the Mitsubishi Evolution, the Dodge Neon SRT-4 just to name a few. They are selling extremely well.
    Just to point a few things out. The 240SX has always been a favorite among drifters world wide, and now with the drifting craze in the United States and Canada, the need for cars like the 240SX has grown tremendously. There are over 142 sites world wide that are specific to the 240SX (Silvia, S13, S14, S15, 200SX, 180SX)

Please Click the Link Below... :help:

http://www.petitiononline.com/240SX05/petition.html

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    theyre not going to bring it back. the silvia era has ended and nissan has moved on. i personally think it was a good idea to end with the s15 silvia. hell, we didnt get that, nissan wont give us a new silvia. :2cents:

oh,and the s15 was developed as a grip car. it pulls about 1g on the skid pad stock :)

3. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Mr. Carlos Ghosen can Bring it back...

Dont think that a Silvia cant be Resurected and brought back there were plans at Nissan to Bring back the S16 this Year back in 2004, Anything Mr. Carlos Ghosen wants to do can happen this Pention will be sent to him and beleive me when I say without doubt that the New S16 will be High in Sales in the States due to the Whole Drift Craze and as you may Know "Money Talks" so anything is possable...:rocks:

4. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    no.... cause Nissan's new "drift car" is the 350Z

5. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    hrmm..wouldnt mind a s16 tho..=]

6. tru_slide

tru_slide New Member

Start a Conversation
    bringing back the Silvia simply to please the drift crowd would be the wrong reason. I dnt kno where u guyz stand on the sport but being a drift fan myself im glad the US didnt get the cance to whore out my beloved s15., it just makes it that much sweeter when i wait like a crack-head all year for that one summer day to see Chris Forisburg fill Maryland with smoke from his sexy blue and grey s15. with all that being said we should be glad that our favorite car Silvia had a strong and consistent run and gets to gracefully bow out and didnt get to see a fall like our Super car gods the Supra, 300, and Rx7 (specific. Mkiv, z32, and the FD) plus the plans for the s16 are hideous...

7. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    yo its my boy tru_slide... i dislike the s16's look ALOT... and yes i have to hate on the s16, lol... so now im going back to my honda corner... lates tru slide

8. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    S16 Silvia

i know this thread is old...but just thought i'd add to it...the 350Z is part of Nissan's historic long line of Z Cars, similar to Honda's S cars (as in S2000, and previous S incarnations). the silvia doesn't have a strong legacy like the Z Car does, in the U.S. at least. and to top everything, nissan will be releasing the new Skyline GT-R to the U.S. so, i think a revamped silvia/240sx may not happen anytime soon. it'd be neat though, i love the silvia to death.:) you never know, if demand is high enough, Nissan may bring it back...maybe not in the U.S. though, lol:) peace.

9. ONEateEessex

ONEateEessex New Member

Start a Conversation
    i think that if the s16 were to come out it wouldnt be because of a want for another silvia it would be a want for a small 4cl. sports cari dont think theres enough want for that. if cars like the miata solstice sky and s2k grow more then it might happen. but i dont see it happening. look how long it took nissan to give us a skyline. then look at gas prices sports cars arent practical people need smaller mor economical cars like scion fit echo yaris.
    but i would like to see an s16 and if it were avialible i would probly buy one

10. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I Voted ~=}

2669 Signatures Total

Well I Beleive that Japanese Sports or Sports Compacts should Last Long Like Camaros and Mustangs and Corvettes, Sure there have been Bad Years for all the American Cars Mentioned but they Always Come Back and Produce a Better Models In Time... :)
    Im Sure the Supra, 3000gt, Silvia and other Discountinued Imports Derserve to Last Long and Be Improved for Years to Come...

11. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    With the Z33 and V35 there is no reason for a "S16", what really needs to happen is for Toyota Motors to produce an affordable FR car. Even when the Supra was around, it was still realitively expensive and ontop of that it's heavy as hell. It needs a competitor against the Z33 and RX-8.

12. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    well, i can surely agree with you there clutch. i would love to see a revamped Supra.:)

13. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    toyota is bringing the supra back. its been confirmed. i believe theyre using the supra name too. :)

14. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    sweetness:)

15. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Thats awesome I didint know that. Too bad it will still be way out of my budget :(

16. hazer396

hazer396 New Member

Start a Conversation
    shoulda made the Altima Coupe RWD and called it the S16

17. Maikeru

Maikeru New Member

Start a Conversation
    I don't think so. And if you didn't notice, this tread is 3 years old. BUT, with the Genesis out now, Toyota and Nissan need to step up. The Americans and Koreans are taking over drifting. :cry:

18. hazer396

hazer396 New Member

Start a Conversation
    LOl holy shat i didnt even know.. i thot this forum just started

19. turboboys

turboboys New Member

Start a Conversation
    i know i would buy one