1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sc300/400 newer model manual trans.

Discussion in 'Toyota & Lexus' started by SentraGT, Sep 14, 2006.

1. SentraGT

SentraGT New Member

Start a Conversation
    i got a '02 sentra, but i want a rear wheel drive, cant afford a 350z or g35, and cant find a decent 240sx, so i decided to go for a sc300 or sc400, but i'm having a hard time finding wether theres a newer model of either one of those cars with manual transmission. I got a loan for my nissan and i dont want to down grade to a much older year and still owe them so much, '98 might be the oldest I'm willing to go, can anyone help me, PLEASE!, thank you.

2. BoostSpyke

BoostSpyke New Member

Start a Conversation
    hate to break the spirit, but the SCseries Lexus was mainly carried with the auto. only 5% of SC300s were available with the manual tranny, and NO SC400s.

The IS300 may be a viable option, but I'll tell you from experience. They are not mad-ass drift whores. They are rather heavy, and the engine is not extremely powerful. only about 200whp, but they can handle 400whp with some boost on bone stock block. I'm not going to knock them that badly, because I am totally in love with both the IS's that I have owned. Nothing in the world drives like an IS300.

3. CLNSC3

CLNSC3 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I got one :) i love my car... IS's are sick wit it too though

4. BoostSpyke

BoostSpyke New Member

Start a Conversation
    big congrats. nice car, and thank you. I <3 the 2JZ.

5. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    you could always use a manual tranny from a Supra, or just drop the whole 2JZ turbo motor in w/tranny. that'd be neat.:) good luck man.