1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should holidays be renamed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Anything' started by Specter, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    okay mike brought this up and i think that it is a valid topic...

with the world becomming more and more PC [that's politically correct] should we give up the traditional names of our belived holidays just because some people in this country do not celibrate them?

i bring this to you because of two things...

first off is that some retail stores are directing their workers that they can no longer say things like "have a merry christmas" or other greeting to that effect.

the one that really gets me is that the store that i work at will not let us say "have a happy thanksgiving"

in my mind that is going just a tad overboard in trying to not offend someone. if for whatever reason you are offended by thanksgiving [American Indians have the fucking right however] and feel so strongly as to complain, go kill yourself. this is fucking america...

so this is the base of this argument, should all holidays [i.e. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.] be renamed or plainly called "happy holiday"?

i personaly think that it is retarded, but some of you may have other views

2. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's stupid.

Maybe we should not tell people Happy Birthday or Have a Nice Day, because you never know, they might hate their life and will be pissed that you wish them a good day.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    people can call it what they want and ill call it what i want, i really dont care. but i am firm in what i believe and thats all that matters i guess. just my thoughts...

4. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    why should it be changed? it's been this way since the beginning...people nowadays are just getting too overly sensitive. if they wanna get all bent outta shape over someone telling them to have a Happy Thanksgiving or a Merry Christmas, then they can go move to a different country and take up citizenship there.