1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my license is suspended :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Anything' started by JussHatched, Sep 23, 2006.

1. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Did you guys know that if your insurance policy runs out and you still have an active license plate your license automatically gets suspended? I resently moved to another city and there was a problem with my address change (I think I forgot to put the apartment #) on the form for the address change but anyways for one reason or another I wasnt getting all of my mail, little did I know my insurance company was sending me letters saying my 6 month policy was running and had run out. Only when the new owners of our old house sent a bunch of my mail to me did I find out my insurance was no longer active and I had a suspended license. Now I have to pay :mad:

$150 to get it reinstated
    $800 for another 6 month policy
    $186 for a speeding ticket

Over a grand just to get back on the road again. Anyways I just thought I would share this with everyone so you can pitty me or something lol. Dont do what I did! :help:

2. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    this is why i just have a long term policy, so less complicated.

3. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Affiliate

Start a Conversation
    Not attacking you but don't you keep up with your bills and know when things come due? If I have a bill or mail thats a couple days late i'm calling the company up to ask where the hell is my bill. same with ins. if I know its time for it to come due i'm on top of that. Get a calander and mark these things....

4. CarbonEG6

CarbonEG6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Dont you just love Orlando?

So what you said makes no sense, because if you were.... lets say driving my car, and you got stopped for a bad headlight. Would you get a ticket because your license is suspended?

How are they gonna suspend your license?

5. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    that happened to me....they canceled my electronic draft after katrina....but i got it reinstated....but they had turned me into the state as not having insurance....i had to get proof that i had insurance go to the DMV and the removed the flag and reinstated it....its a pain in the ass......

but that sux to hear that....you should have to pay all those fines....im sure if you have proof that moved and the mix up they might drop some of them....if not just get a new policy and start the coverage on the date the other one expired.....

i hope that helps...

6. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    that does suk man, and a speeding ticket to top it all off lol. i hav to admit that i am abit slack on my keeping things within the balance of late but i manage to do it.

its not like that here in alabama, when i want to drive somethin i take out a policy then at the end of the term if i dont drive it enough i just let it go dead. ive seen people do this in my area: take out a small insurance policy so they can buy a tag then let the policy expire and keep driving till its time to renew the tag. very ignorant imo but some people doit. they have started cracking down more now that so many people started doing it. anyway wish ya the best outof a suky situation.

7. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Well this was my first insurance policy ive ever had on my own. I just moved and my address change got messed up so I wasnt getting my mail. There are so many fees and bills associated with moving out of my city and starting college that the car insurance just slipped my mind. I guess the good part is I WONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN! :computerrage:

8. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    i hope that you don't... cause that's expencive