1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoCal 2003 M3 E46 SMG Alpine White Imola Red

Discussion in 'User Classifieds Ads - Buy and Sell' started by Daniel, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    2003 Alpine White / Imola Red BMW M3 (No Sunroof and Manual Seats!)
    Los Angeles 310 Area

SOLD!

SMG Transmission, Alpine white exterior with Imola Red Leather / Titanium interior trim.
    No Options Car - Just SMG with required PDC (Park Distance Control)
    68,xxx miles
    Non-daily driver, average 9,000 miles per year.
    Car is in excellent condition, driven so there are a few rock chips, scratches on the bottom front bumper, scratch on back bumper was touch up with OEM touch up paint. Small chip on right front fender. Rest of the car is very clean, with 1 small ding that will be fixed by Paintless Dent Removal prior to selling.
    Clean title: Clean Carfax
    I am the 2nd owner, original owner bought it as a ordered Euro Delivery car and was serviced routinely. South Bay BMW has the paper trail of the car, I followed up with my receipts as well.
    SMG Pump primes extremely strong and no issues with gear changes.
    For those not familiar with SMG, SMG is a Sequential Manual Gearbox and is NOT a standard Automatic transmission, it utilized the same tranny as the 6MT including a real clutch, but software and hydraulics engage and disengage the clutch for you, shifting is done via steering wheel mounted pedals. (ie Porschse PDK, Ferrari F1, Nissan GT-R DCT,). It does have an automatic setting but again this isn't a True Automatic Car like Tip Tronic which uses torque convertors. SMG allows the driver to shift gears in split mili seconds not possible by human. Total joy to drive.

Modifications:

Exterior:
    No Mods only OEM Parts Used
    Painted Alpine White OEM (Turner) bumper reflectors
    OEM BMW/BBS 19" ZCP Wheels with updated Center Caps (no curbing)
    BBS Valve Stem Caps

Interior:
    No mods

Engine/Drivetrain:
    No Mods
    Using HKS Hybrid Air Filter

Suspension:
    HKS Hiper Max RS Coilvovers with Camber Plates, End Links
    GC (Ground Control) RTAB Limiters

Brakes:
    No Mods

Recent Replaced Parts,
    Exterior:
    NEW OEM Bosch headlight lenses (old were getting pitted replaced with a brand new set)
    NEW OEM sidemarkers/bulbs (old were getting condensation, replaced with a brand new set
    OEM foglights bulbs (one burned out replaced both bulbs as a pair)
    OEM front grills (Old were getting pitted, replaced with a brand new set)
    OEM Black Lugnuts and Lock (old were getting chipped, replaced with a brand new set)

Interior:
    OEM floor mats (old were getting well, old. Replaced with a brand new set
    Auto Dimmer Rear View Mirror Replaced by Sybesmos (OEM supplier) with exchange program so no need to worry about the common leaking problem.

Maintenance:
    All Inspection I and II’s completed by BMW Dealership when in maintenance program. Last Inspection II done at 40K at South Bay BMW, Prior owner did Inspection 1/Oil Change prior to selling with his Indy at 55K. Two Oil changes preformed since I took possession using only the recommended 10-60 Castrol TWS., Inspection II recommended at 80-85K.
    MAF Sensor routinely cleaned
    Front control arm bushings replaced with OEM
    Vanos filter replaced with OEM
    Brand new OEM front L/R wheel bearings/Hub assemblies
    Front OEM Rotors and Pads replaced
    All Recalls completed including SMG software
    A/C blows cold, Heater blows Hot
    Suspension has been aligned and corner balance by West End in Gardena
    SMOG check just recently done and passed easily with flying colors.

Condition report:

Exterior: Looks great again has some road chips mostly on the front bumper and few on the hood. Nothing major.
    Interior: Is very clean, no mods, leather seats in great shape, rears have only been sat in a handful of times, driver seat has some normal wear, no rip, no scuffs, no stains. Titanium Trim has bubbled and is extremely common. All original stickers still affixed, including Dash Air Bag Warning Light, 1200 mile break in decal/maintence decal on the front windshield, SMG operation decal on the center console. Dash, door panels, everything in great shape. No broken pieces, or missing panels etc. All lights, functions work.
    Trunk: Is in excellent shape, includes complere tool set, OEM battery, complete M Mobility Kit.
    Engine Bay: Is in beautiful condition, no broken or missing clips, clean, free from dirt or grime always wiped down when washing the car.
    Tires Bridgestone Potenza RE050A all matching all around. Rears 255/30/19 with 80% thread left, fronts 225/35/19 with about 40% thread left.
    Filters: All fresh, Air/Oil/Vanos/Microfilter

Performance/Observed street driving characteristics:

HKS Suspension is 30 way adjustable and rides better then a stock M3 and probably one of the best setups for the street, plus it improves the looks dramatically. Lowered to most popular and recommended height for the street of 13.5" front 13" rear. Full alignment done with corner balancing by West End Alignment one of the top Alignment shops for sports cars in Southern California.
    Since everything else in completely stock, well it drives and performs like an M3 should.

Serious Inquiries only: No tire kickers or lowballers, or low ball PMs, these replies or emails will be ignored. This is car has been priced competively and fairly for someone who wants to own a well taken care of M3. Any and all worn item was replaced with OEM and car looks great.

FAQ - PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ME VIA EMAIL.

I have tried to anticipate the most important issues that might come up.

1. Please obtain your own financing if necessary. I will not carry any loans, nor accept credit cards, paypal, personal checks etc.
    2. Out of state buyers must set up their own shipping arrangements, I will do what I can to help in the process.
    3. I will obtain a NEW Carfax report shortly and will post it shortly.
    4. I will not entertain any swapping out of parts or parting out parts. The car will be sold as is in one piece.
    5. I am not interested in trades. Please do not ask.
    6. I reserve the right to refuse a test drive and if choose to a valid drivers license, proof of insurance. Test drives will be accompanied by the seller.
    7. Car will be sold on consignment and should be available almost anyday of the week for showing.
    8. Deposits to hold the car may be accepted and are not refundable.
    9. Please, no joy riders or daydreamers. SERIOUS buyers only. There are many online finance companies that can help you, ie Capital One, Up2Drive, US Bank Wells Fargo, Lending Tree etc. or Credit Unions.
    10. Do not waste your time emailing me with riduculous offers, or unintelligent comments or questions, they will be simply ignored and deleted.

Specific pictures can be taken by email request.
    I believe the car is priced fairly it is a very sought after combination being Alpine White with Imola Red Interior and being one of the lightest configurations available with no sunroof and manual seats, no HID, No cold weather, no heated seats. It is a no frills M3, the way many performance car enthusiasts prefer them and in my humble opinion the way an M3 should be made. It is a car going on 8 years old, has a timeless design and is probably one of BMW's best designed cars. The car is used, so the car isn't a perfect showroom car, but any flaws are very minor. it has been a pleasure to drive and extemely reliable. I have learned as much as I can about this car and took pride and interest in this car to keep up its functionality, appearance and maintenace. I am sure you will be happy with the overall condition of this piece of Great German engineering.

Price: $22,900 firm

If you have real interest PM me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    A WHOLE NEW BATCH OF PICS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.

6. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Good lord your car is nice Daniel! I thought about trying to find an E46 M5 before the rawr, but for $12,000 all you can get is over 140,000 kms. Could'nt do it.

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Good Luck w/ the Sale
    I hope you Keep her :hug:

8. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]