1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension.....

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by ACE1718, Sep 26, 2006.

1. ACE1718

ACE1718 New Member

Start a Conversation
    hey wat up everybody......

well I have a 1992Eg sedan....
    Before I start doing engine work I wanna make sure I have a good suspension n handling....

so does n e 1 have n e suggestions as far as adjustable coilvers, struts, and bushings...... *REasonsbale prices*

*coilovers, i was thinking about = SKUNK2, GROUND CONTROL, DROPZONE but i m still looking

2. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    a buddy of mine that drives an EP Si went w/ skunk2 coilovers paired w/tokico adjustable struts and shocks. it's a pretty smooth ride, and was way cheaper than my full eibach coilover set. my eibach kit is an awesome ride in itself, my car feels like a little go cart when it's dumped (so fun to drive), and i drive a EK sedan.:woot: my suggestion would just be to keep doin what you're doin, shopping around. keep comparing prices till you find the right deal. there's plenty of reasonably priced options out there, just don't buy stuff that is of poor manufacturing quality, cause well, you get what you pay for right.:) good luck man, and i hope you find a good setup for your EG Ferio.

3. ACE1718

ACE1718 New Member

Start a Conversation
    thank 97-ferio....
    OO IIGHT, cuz actually one guy told me to just save my $$$ and buy the full 1 piece skunk2 coilovers for $600.00 or the TEin one...but yeah I m going to keep looking around, cuz da only reason y I want a adjustable suspension is basically bcuz i m in NYC....

4. clubeg6.com

clubeg6.com Member

Start a Conversation
    Please stay away from Dropzone, that stuff is garbage. I've seen and heard of a few stories about those failing or just plain sucking overall. Tokico Blues and KYB adjustables are good shocks.... Ground Control are excellent for basic coilovers... and Eibach and Tien have been my favorite for just springs. How low are you looking to go anyways??

5. der_meister_08

der_meister_08 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i have skunk2 coilovers on my eg hatch and i love them for the price. check out the skunk2 coilovers on www.andysautosport.com

6. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
  7. EastEndMotorSports

EastEndMotorSports New Member

Start a Conversation
    as with most things with cars, the best quality stuff is the most expensive, that being said, i say its worth waiting the extra months to acquire the cash for quality coilovers. Don't go with Ground Control, Skunk2, or Drop Zone. They are cheap for a reason.

you obviously got alot of options, here are some you might want to consider:

Stance GR+ $1300
    awww.stance_usa.com_plus_eg.jpg
    http://www.stance-usa.com/plus_apps.php

APEX'i N1 ExV $1321
    [​IMG]
    http://optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=APX-269AKH01

Tein Super Street $1235
    [​IMG]
    http://optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TEIN-DSA00-2USS1
    awww.stance_usa.com_plus_eg.jpg

8. familycar-GSR

familycar-GSR New Member

Start a Conversation
    i have a set of skunk2 full 1 piece coil set up, and yes it is a good ride for the price, but don't short yourself. if you're gonna build a car, build it right. go with tein, apexi or stance. you'll thank yourself later on down the road. if you're not interested in spending 1200 for suspension or simply can't afford it, i do suggest going with skunk2. good luck with your decision, and let us know.