1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "bogg" down

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by panzer_ko, Oct 30, 2006.

1. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    When I purchased my EP3 last year, it accelerated smoothly and quickly, with no bogging down between gears. My setup now is the stock K20A3 (ECU stock too)with the K&N Short Ram Typhoon intake, DC sports cermamic shorty (2.25" outlet), and a full 2.25" exhaust straight out from the header (catalytic included), with a magnaflow muffler. Ever since the install, I have noticed a significant "bogg down" from 1st to 2nd gear. It takes about 8-10 seconds for the engine to "power up" and gain speed after the gear shift. All other gears gain power instantly, and flow nicely. Any suggestions or advice? I have been troubleshooting for weeks now!

2. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's an EP3. You shoulda bought an RSX. LOL JK. Maybe the 2.25 inch collector is your problem????? I dunno. I hear shitty things about DC sports headers. Maybe try steeping up to a 2.5 inch collector and exhaust.

3. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I was always told 2.25" is the optimum size

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Incorrect Combo

The Problem Is that You are Having Incorrect AirFlow~ the DC Sport Header is Mated with a MagnaFlow Exhaust... :slap:

The Design of each Exhaust System is Set with a AirFlow that is Best Used with one Manufacture from Header to Exhaust Tip~ You Can Change Exhaust Parts with Similar Manufactures (Apex/Blitz/HKS) But You will Get Better Results with a Full APEX Exhaust System because Its Designed Complete for Better Airflow that Equals Maxium Performance~

5. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    So from the Catalyitc converter back, I should just get a new exhaust is what you are saying here?

6. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    New Exhaust System

I Think you Should Get a New Exhaust System~

The BOGG Down is From your Low Quality MagnaFlow Exhaust~

I would Invest in a World Sport2 Apex Exhaust system

Also the N1 is Good for Performance

~ClickHere~

APEX exhaust systems are among the best in the automotive aftermarket industry. Since the company's founding 9 years ago, A´PEXi has helped revolutionize the industry with innovative concepts that focus on both form and function. By using feedback data from our racecars, A´PEXi exhaust systems are engineered to perform. A´PEXi engineers concentrate on performance and sound characteristics, not just aesthetics and tubing diameters. From raw materials to the finished product, each component is manufactured in-house to meet the highest standards. Every vehicle application is extensively researched and tested before final designs are approved for production.

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Apex'i is definitely a good way to go Chad. Clutch knows what he's talking about.:)

8. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Maybe I will invest in this...now who can install it?? lol Exhaust Pros exists no more...

9. BoostSpyke

BoostSpyke New Member

Start a Conversation
    should just bolt up.

10. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I already had a custom Magnaflow installed...it is a one piece setup from the Cat backwards...

11. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    this is definitely something we could do at the auto hobby shop on base chad:) most exhaust systems come in pieces...like a two piece set or something along those lines. your magnaflow ish is a one piece, but with two people it should be no real big problem to uninstall. the only problem you would run into is taking the magnaflow system apart. but i'm sure a hack saw would do the trick...you could just save the old muffler and toss the piping in their metal parts bin in the back of the shop. and then sell the muffler to someone in town:)

12. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    I understand the hacksaw concept, but I wonder how it is connected to my car? We should put it on the lift at the hobby shop one of these days and take a look and maybe plan for a new exhaust, and figure out what all needs to be done. Maybe I should just put on a DC Sports exhaust to match the header?

13. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^^ that'd be cool. i'm pretty sure i already know what your exhaust looks like under the car and where it's connected at to the header. we'll figure it out. lemme know when you'd wanna do this mang

14. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    We could pull it in your garage and jack it up and look right?

15. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^^ i suppose we could bro. wouldn't hurt to look and see. :)