1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift Official Site

Discussion in 'TV & Movies' started by Daniel, May 22, 2006.

?

What was the best Fast and Furious of the 3

1. Fast and the Furious

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 Fast 2 Furious

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
  2. middleklasskid

middleklasskid New Member

Start a Conversation
    I will prolly rent the movie after its done in theatres, it looks just as homo as the other f&f movies. Im not worried about the "drifting" scene becoming played, because well it already is:attention:

3. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i might go see it in theaters....might just wait for it to come to dvd to buy it though....buying the dvd costs the same as going see it in theaters...this way no lil kids or tards talking the entire movie.....but i might go to see all the shitty riced out cars or kids attempt to drift and crash....that would cheer me up lol:rocks:

4. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    I can't wait to go see it and laugh at all the local ricers trying to drift!

5. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    x2.

But I'm not going in my car someone will probably fuck with it.

6. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ill probally go see it it theaters. Me and my friends always go see the fatf movies while there out. Not a big fan of them, but they keep me entertained, which is what a movie is suppose to do.

7. Feriohunni

Feriohunni New Member

Start a Conversation
    the movie looks cool.

8. minjae

minjae New Member

Start a Conversation
    very nice cars and nice scenes..hopefully it's good..

9. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think this movie would be 10x better if they actually did a good job with selecting actors. Bow wow and the QB from friday night lights, just arent cutting it.

10. beardown22

beardown22 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Very true, any kid who has a 240 or RWD car is going to realize what there car can do now.

11. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    :rolleyes: I know everyone will see this movie regardless of how tacky and cheesy they are.

12. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Just saw the movie, and IMHO it is probably the best of the 3 made. Cheesy factor was really kept to a minimum, more dramatic and drift scenes, pretty good as well.:thumbup:
    Thank god there were no Purple Eclipses with chrome wheels.:puke:

13. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Nathalie Kelley Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

Hotness!
    [​IMG]

Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Interviewed by Cinema AZN, courtesy of AZN Television

Born in Lima, Peru, and raised in Sydney, Australia, 21-year-old beauty Nathalie Kelley makes her feature film debut in Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Cinema AZN: I understand you are relatively new to this business?

Nathalie Kelley: I am. Previously to this I was a university student in Sydney, Australia. So I’ve literally been plucked out of nowhere and cast in this film. So it’s been a dream come true, but it’s also been a very big change and shift in my life.

CAZN: How did that happen?

NK: I’d been doing acting in Australia, but it was something I had quit in order to start my degree. So it’s just funny how things come around because about the beginning of this year I was brought here to do a television pilot and I was literally cast from Australia. While the pilot didn’t get picked up, I started to go on more auditions and I eventually landed this in 3 months. It’s all happened so fast it’s been such a whirlwind. I did have acting experience in Australia, but this is my first feature film.

CAZN: And you landed on a pretty big one didn’t you?

NK: Yeah, I couldn’t ask for anything, you know, bigger or crazier. It’s been fun, too. It’s been a fun film to work on as my first project.

CAZN: How is Justin to work with?

NK: Justin is a dream. Like I don’t have too many people to compare him to, but he is a dream. He is so talented but he is so, I want to say… meticulous. He really knows what he wants in his head and he’s really good about communicating that to us as actors, which really has helped especially for my first movie. It helps that he’s really caring about us and he really wants us to know what’s in his head as well. And plus, I love the whole perspective that he brings to this film as an Asian American director. We have had lots of chats about this. We both grew up minorities in other cultures - I grew up as a Latin American in Australia and he as an Asian American here in America - and we really wanted to do something different with this film. I just think with his background and the perspective that he brings he’s going to bring something that’s not - that people aren’t necessarily expecting from Fast and the Furious 3. I think he’s going to bring more depth to it, especially with the whole Asian side of it.

CAZN: Well he’s actually doing it in reverse. He’s taking a white guy to Japan.

NK: Exactly. But rather than have it like ‘white guy goes in and saves the day,’ he’s very clever how he portrays even the bad characters. Like DK, he’s very careful to make sure that they show that they have a human side and not a really stereotypical evil Asian mafia gangster guy, or me like ‘easy to win timid, you know, submissive ethnic girl.’ He really wanted my character to have a lot of spunk and, you know, to not take any crap from the American.

CAZN: You certainly have a lot of spunk (thank you) tell us about your role?

NK: Neela is a really fascinating character. She and I are similar in many ways because we both grew up in cultures that weren’t our own. - her mother is Australian and she’s never known her father. She’s grown up in Japan her whole life, so even though she was born there and she speaks Japanese, because of her mixed ethnicity and the uncertainty regarding her father’s nationality, she’s been branded as an outcast, a gaijin. After her mother dies, she goes to live with DK and that’s how she falls in love with him and how she falls into the drifting scene. And that becomes the family she’s never had. By the time Sean comes into the picture - Lucas’ character - she is very divided. She knows things aren’t working with DK but that’s the only sense of belonging, family, friendship and community that she’s found, and to leave that is not an easy thing. But eventually, she sees she really doesn’t need this kind of false community to fulfill her as a person, and Sean teaches her a lot of stuff in that way because he’s also been an outsider his whole life, and the two find a lot of in common. It works out for them in the end, which is exciting, but again her character Justin really wanted to make her multi-dimensional and not make her just token ethnic love interest.

CAZN: You look good up on the screen (thank you I’ll let him know those cameras do). How did you prepare for the role? Is there any thing that you had in the back of your mind?

NK: Again, just the conversations that Justin and I had about her being, like, really spunky - she’s a girl, she’s cool and she’s spunky. She’s grown up in Japan, so her outfits are cute in that girly way, but this is a girl who is in a male dominated world of drift racing and is good at it. She’s winning races on her own, [she’s] just not DK’s girlfriend. So we wanted to make that come across - that she was a person with her own personality, not just some girl on someone’s arm. I actually wanted to toughen up physically and mentally as well, so I was boxing for 3 weeks - 6 weeks. Actually, I was in boxing training and I was doing drift racing lessons. Yeah they put me in a car and I was doing pretty good. I was doing better than the boys cause the boys weren’t taking directions well because they thought they knew what was going on. I was at least willing to learn. So I was doing 360-degree turns and it was a great time. But it’s funny because of all the car training that I did, the one scene that I actually had to drive it wasn’t drifting. Obviously, for insurance purposes, I can’t do those scenes by myself. But it was this one scene where I had to pull up in 1st gear, stop and get out of the car, and I could not do it. After like 3 takes, I kept stalling because I wasn’t used to driving in first gear - it was hilarious. The joke on set is that I’m a really bad driver. I don’t know how much reality there is in that joke, but no this character had a lot of work that went into making her the way she is.

CAZN: So you got a lot of mileage out of your first feature?

NK: Yeah I learned how to box, how to drift race. The job came with a few benefits.

CAZN: Do you have something lined up after this?

NK: There are a few things that are in the mix. I’m excited because this is such a great project and it’s.. hopefully it’s going to be a lot of exposure from this. Now I get to have more choice of I get to kind of roles I choose which will be kind of exciting too.

CAZN: Thanks for talking to us.

NK: My pleasure.

http://www.asiancinevision.org/interviews/nat_kelley01.html

14. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I Just Saw It Again...

I Loved It So Much I Did a Review on It~ :rocks:

15. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Poll has been added!