*The Honda Center of Anaheim*

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by CLUTCHONE, Dec 2, 2006.

1. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    The Honda Center, previously known as the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, is an indoor arena in Anaheim, California. The arena is home to the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and was home of the former NLL's Anaheim Storm, which folded in 2005. It was completed in 1993 at a cost of $123 million. Arrowhead paid $15 million for the naming rights over 10 years a few months after the arena opened. Honda Motor Company has acquired the naming rights to the Pond and the arena changed its name in October 2006...

[​IMG]
    http://www.hondacenter.com/

The Honda Center lies across the street from Angel Stadium (where MLB's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play) and roughly 5 miles away from Disneyland.

The arena seats up 17,174 for its primary tenant, the Ducks. There are 84 luxury suites in the building, which has hosted 17.5 million people as of 2003.

Broadcom chairman and billionaire Henry Samueli owns both the company which operates the arena, Anaheim Arena Management, LLC, and the arena's primary tenant, the Ducks, giving him great flexibility in scheduling events and recruiting new tenants. Samueli has made it known that he hopes to bring an NBA franchise to the arena.

2. panzer_ko

panzer_ko New Member

Start a Conversation
    That is an interesting tidbit of information. I had no idea Honda was into hockey!

3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Not only do the Ducks play there, there are numerous events, concerts etc. The Clippers used to play there as well. I been there a few times.

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Basketball too...

My Father Lives In Anaheim Hills Just a 20min Walk from the Stadium and I was Suprised to See HONDA all over the Arrowhead Pond Stadium on ThanksGiving~ I Use to Work there when I was 18 years old (I use to Change the Floor from Hockey to Concert to Dirt Track :spitdrink: to etc) I Really Worked there For All The Back Stage Access for Concerts

I even Remember Seeing the Pond Being Built and I use to walk My Black German Shepard (Von) there Almost Every Day while I Worked There~ Im Very Happy HONDA got the Stadium Name and I Think that HONDA May Be the First Japanese Car Manufacture to Have a Stadium in the USA...:woot:

Here is the Next Concert
    :)
    102.7 KIIS FM JINGLE BALL 2006
    Dec 07, 2006
    6:00 PM
    http://www.kiisfm.com/main.html

Justin an Christina are also Set to Perform Later Next Year :roflmao:

5. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    That's cool, but their website sucks (design wise).

6. Jokerluv

Jokerluv New Member

Start a Conversation
    yay bring on the honda ducks