1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a second set of rollers

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by eludertypes, Jul 27, 2006.

1. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    I was thinking of getting some 18s for show but I considered 16s! Since everybody is going big, I might just go small to achieve a different look. Might do some 16x7 Rota GT3s in royal gold or bronze on my NBP 5th gen and rock my 17" RPF1s for track days. I know some don't like rotas, but they are light, cheap, and look good when done right IMO. What do you think.

2. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ahh, there must be some Rota haters on this board. Hey I'm not spending $2000 for some daily driver wheels. Just not practical.

3. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    Okay, I'll hate. I don't really like 'em. I understand not wanting to spend $2000 on wheels, but let's be realistic: Cars are meant to be driven. That being said, you shouldn't totally cheap out on wheels because you are afraid they might get messed up. Rims are going to wear no matter what, just like the rest of the car. You might as well look as good as possible while you are driving it. If you are going to buy Rotas, maybe you could just put some good ol' steelies on there instead. Then you will never have to worry about the rims getting messed up. Of course, you'll probably never get laid again either. LOL JK It's up to you man, but don't sacrifice style for a couple bucks. You've got a nice car. Remeber that. The rims I want are cheap, but I think they look dope. You don't Have to buy Volks or Work or BBS or any other expensive ass rims to get a good look. The GT3's aren't horrible, but they are played out a little. Here are the rims I want. You can find them for as little as $156 a piece, and I think they look way better than GT3's.
    [​IMG]
    P.S. Don't buy them, or I'll be jealous!!!!!!! But feel free to buy something along those lines. :thumbup:

4. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks for the feedback and the compliment. That's funny though, I used to want those tenzos too until I found out that the highest offset available was a +42 which does'nt fit very well on our cars with suspension mods. If they made them in at least a +45 then they would be on my car right now. As for gettin laid, I'll never have to worry about that again because I'm married! haha

5. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
  6. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Do you like Buddy Club wheels?

7. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yup. Good solution.

8. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
  9. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks, I wanted to stay with something light and in a wild color to keep it different.

10. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    Buddy clubs don't make a wheel with the right bolt pattern / offset.

11. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    hey, i don't know anything really about offset and how rims fit, but wouldn't you be able to roll the 42 offset tenzo r's with a spacer?

12. AlcoholicA

AlcoholicA New Member

Start a Conversation
    I like how the Kosei K3s look, but what color is you luda?

13. eludertypes

eludertypes New Member

Start a Conversation
    It's Nighthawk black pearl. Click on the link in my signature and check her out.