1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to fix or to not fix

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by geeseg2, Feb 24, 2008.

1. geeseg2

geeseg2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    my del sol thats been sitting in the garage for over 5 months. it would cost at least 4000 to fix at a shop. i got a list of parts from the repair shop and found it would cost at least half of that to fix if i had my friend help. question is should i do it or not? i love the car and my wack BMW just died on me so i need to make some moves. it has no frame damage (or at least no one picked it up) left fender is damaged, hood, bumper, radiator support head lights. i'd post pictures but i'm a rookie to this forum game. let me know

2. xjdmshezx

xjdmshezx New Member

Start a Conversation
    fix!!!! dont let a sol die!

3. RARE_EG2

RARE_EG2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    by the way you described it..it doesnt sound like its all that bad..but if theyre trying to charge you $4000 to fix it, with that $4000 you can buy yourself a pretty clean condition del sol, that is if you were willing to pay that much to fix it..

plus, you can always part out/strip the wrecked del sol to make some of your money back, then just junk the shell..

4. geeseg2

geeseg2 New Member

Start a Conversation
    its actually fixed but really could use some championship white, or charcoal gray paint to get all the paint matching, its my only project car that i'm determined to finish. My uncle did the body work so it cost under 2k to fix.

5. jdmSiR

jdmSiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    good for you brotha glad to hear everything worked out for you and your car.

6. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    i am in the same position but i am just selling my sol...

don't feel like dumping anymore into her...just selling her to make back some $$

pics of the car? :p