1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to sweet to pass up

Discussion in '92-95 Civic' started by EKb18c, Dec 2, 2007.

1. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    well i went out and got me another EG hatch. i had some spare stuff layin around and this guy had a hatch shell he was dyin to get rid of. so we worked out a deal(B18B long block lol) and i came away with a steal. the hatch is a 92 Si and the interior is missin quite a bit. the dash and carpet is there but its missin all plastics door pannels and seats. it has a pretty fresh gunmetal colored paint job just needs a good wax and cleaning. i have a spare B16 tranny layin around so i just need a motor. well i have my old B18C1short block that was in my del sol and the parts to rebuild it(jdm ITR pistons and rods)but ill need to find a head. i wanna go 5 lug with stock usdm gunmetal Type R wheels. shoot me some input guys whats kinda set you think i should go with?

2. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]

i think these or some bronze rims would look pretty good
    now u just need to figure out a good size and offset:woot: awww.oneshift.com_carprofile_images_part_full_503.jpg
    ai72.photobucket.com_albums_i170_cnbcustoms_Volk_TE37_SCM.jpg
    these are ok they might look good dont know exactly what the color looks like thats all
    awww.oneshift.com_carprofile_images_part_full_503.jpg ai72.photobucket.com_albums_i170_cnbcustoms_Volk_TE37_SCM.jpg

3. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    im in love with those CE28s but i dont know about on a civic. i more of a fan of volks on nissans. i got me some interior pieces today and put them in. the car already had some lowering springs on it and i got a hold of some Type R hubs for cheap(275 for all 4!!!!). im taking my old Gsr block to get rebuilt with the fresh rods and pistons this weekend. im looking for a Type R head complete but thats almost impossible lol. im trading some guy a YS1 tranny for some ITR cams tomorrow so if i can find a B16 head ill settle for that.

4. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    i just sold some of the sohc stuff i had layin around and got a good lil grip of cash lol. i sold a 00 D16Y8 swap(out of my old red coupe) for $550 and then i had a cam(brand new in box) some headers and an intake that i sold all together for $250. i still got a jdm D15B sohc vtec long block and a few turbo pieces for it(manifold, turbo, and wastegate). if that sells soon ill be able to get some more things to hurry the process a lil bit. the $800 i got is gonna be for my head and Type R wheels. with the left over ill get a cf hood lol. im taking my old block to get rebuilt tomorrow so hopefully by saturday it will be done.

5. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    i just finished puttin the hubs and wheels on. i pick up my head tonight and my block should be done friday evening or saturday mourning. my buddy said i can have his old carbon hood for $100 but it looks like ass needs to be cleared REALLY BAD lol. oh well cant beat the price.

6. titod15sedan

titod15sedan New Member

Start a Conversation
    damn moving fast dude, i wish my projects came together that fast.

7. Chaos Performance

Chaos Performance New Member

Start a Conversation
    nice cant wait to see some pics of this beast

8. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I demand pics :D

9. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    well all has gone as planned the motor is assembled and in the car. i got the bottom end back last night around 7pm. i ended up gettin a B16 head for $350 and it had everything but the cams even came with an STR fuel rail lol. its all in the car and everything. started up on first try now im just clean it up a bit and make it pretty lol. i sprayed the hood with some clear like 5 coats and its lookin pretty decent. i also painted the inside of my headlights cause the chrome had some rust on it. now they look brand new. it already amber corners when i got it. right now its just runnin a stock P72 ecu but i am thinkin about using my hondata from the del sol and puttin my power fc back in the sol. pics up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

10. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    pics better be up tomorow!!! nice progress :)

11. EKb18c

EKb18c New Member

Start a Conversation
    oh yeah no doubt and it will have a nice wash and wax lol