1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are you guys here all about?

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by stemiched89, Jul 6, 2006.

1. stemiched89

stemiched89 New Member

Start a Conversation
    so i am a member of honda-tech and have been for maybe 3 months now.... i have quickly realizd that most people at HT are all against anything other than lowering and nearly stock looking rims... completely against any body kits and things that make your can look different from every other car on the street. so i was wondering if you guys here are the same. what do you think about body kits? sound systems? big rims? tinted windows? i mean not like totally rice with graphics, neons and that shit, but nicely styled.

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    as long as its nicely put together and well planned out (not just thrown together) i can appreciate it. personally im planning to build a time attack car out of my s13. big wing, sticky tires, flared fenders, the works. welcome to the site, i can personally say no one on here flames like hater-tech does.

btw, post pics that you may think is questionable to us :) id like to see what kind of style you have

3. stemiched89

stemiched89 New Member

Start a Conversation
    well im into crx's and 88-91 civics right now, and other than the whole jdm conversion im a fan of the wings west kit, i dont particualarly like any kit other than that though, its nicely styled and isnt over the edge and too non-stock looking. i like z3 fenders on some cars, im a fan of altezas, black housed head/tail/turn signals, halo's, window tint, that kinda stuff.

4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    This is a great forum to get feedback. Our members are extremely friendly and helpful and will help you. So if you ask for opinions about this and that you will get honest answers. I may not particularly like your style as I prefer functional parts, but don't worry to much about what I like others may say or think as it is your car.

One thing I can't emphasize enough is always spend a little more and get a quality part than spend less on a bunch of low quality parts.

Daniel:thumbup:

5. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Exactly what I was going to say:thumbup:
    Bottom line is "what ever YOUwant"

6. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I give credit where credit is dude.

I'm more of an OEM kind of guy that likes the cleaness and the style of stock or JDM minimal parts. Sometimes less is more!

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h184_RMSALAMONE_MyCar024.jpg

Some people think this is rice or looks like shit. I actually think it looks awesome. Sure it's a body kit, but he did a great job on picking the parts from the front bumper to the wing. There's a lot of money wrapped up in the this ride and it looks great!

FYI: Those guys on H-T that always get into fights and shit are called E-Thugs. Fuck it. If you like it, that's all that matters. You're the one that will be looking at it, you're the one that will be driving it, you're the one that will be spending the money on it. You better damn like it!

That's my $.02 cents.
    ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h184_RMSALAMONE_MyCar024.jpg

7. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Personally if you have a plan for your car and know were is going that means that you have done your research, what makes a car tasteless and "ricey" is the mismached and cheap parts that were no given any thought before bought, if you want to put 18 or 19 on you car and get a body kit thats fine with me as long as it was quality work and flows with the car, seen may kitted tegs that look awesome but seen lots more that look like shit when done so yeah, if you want to go that route and be different more power to you but if in doubt about your project let us know and we will give you our opinion not bash you, this site is mostly for imports with clean and funtional look also known as JDM but I know for a fact with all the cool people here, if you do a good job making this happen making a well put show teg I know everybody will give you props for it, so get to it and let us know of any bumps on your build

8. stemiched89

stemiched89 New Member

Start a Conversation
    just to clarify, i am putting together a 91 crx, not an integra. i love the jdm looks, but doing the conversion and everything is just out of my price range right now, i actually like my crx how it is now with fog lights and the si lip, im thinking im not going to get any body kits anymore like i had prebviously planed before i swapped front bumpers with another rex. only major LOOK things that im changing is the paint, im most likely going to be getting a 2 tone, the body a metalic baby blueish and roog, hatch and hood a metalic black/silver.

9. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    dont know if you knew but here in japan the IN thing IS all the things that you mentioned above: " i like z3 fenders on some cars, im a fan of altezas, black housed head/tail/turn signals, halo's, window tint, that kinda stuff." so you are TRUE JDM style! lol, not american JDM style! :)

10. pyork03

pyork03 New Member

Start a Conversation
    DING DING DING This is true.

11. deadpirate

deadpirate New Member

Start a Conversation
    i love the look of simple body kits or lips...it just looks better...my buddy had a clean honda civic hatchback..i think it was an ek...but he had aclean body kit...it looked like it came from the factory..all jdm and shit...unfortunatly it got stolen..but when he had the car...people called it rice...because he had black wheels on a blue car...RHD conversion a simple bodykit...and jdm plates...got called a ricer like 3 times a week...but he could smoke the majority of the cars out there

i say go with what you want..who cares what the others think

12. Riceball

Riceball New Member

Start a Conversation
    I really don't mind anything unless it's well put together and thought about. I respect everyone's own personal style and you won't get any hatred from me about your car.

13. imeonic

imeonic New Member

Start a Conversation
    im more of an OEM person too..if it was made and designed for it..i like it.
    i like simple bodykits. in the future..maybe bys will be ricey just like the late 90s stlyes of decals and kits. aslong as it flows well and crafted well. i give props for creativity. its simply like this. if you want to install kits..be financially prepaired.
    if you leve it primered..for months..its an eyesore.
    always remember that performance comes 1st. fix everything needed b4 buying somthing for visual pleasure.

14. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    This is sooo true, it is completely backwards there, they import quite of bit of parts you mentioned from the U.S. and there are countless shops, clubs, magazine and car shows that are geared toward that style. They even import USDM equivalent parts and also emblems like Acura, Toyota, Infiniti, 350Z, RSX, G35, to name a few.

15. 2000CivicHatch

2000CivicHatch New Member

Start a Conversation
    LoL! That is perplexing!

16. imeonic

imeonic New Member

Start a Conversation
    yup..that is so true. i spent my HS in manila,ph..and cars there are basically jdm but lhd..people back there shave their bumpermouldings on 96-97 civics to look usdm..they hated the mouldings..and people here are dying to get those.
    here's what i see, vipcars are influenced by DUBS. and importing lexani,foose and geovanna brand wheels big+ to them i guess..its like us importing ame,junctionproduce wheels here.