1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What window cleaner do you use?

Discussion in 'Exterior and Detailing' started by g3teg97, May 11, 2006.

1. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    you guys clean your windows? :slap:

2. sohchx

sohchx New Member

Start a Conversation
    windex with ammonia D

3. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i've been going all natural lately...rain water baby.:) i haven't washed my car really really good for like two months now. living in North Dakota you have to check the weather ahead of time, and lately every time i think of washing my car it's supposed to rain the next day. it seems like if you own a car in North Dakota, you should never wash it cause it gets dirty in a matter of a day. if it doesn't rain, dust is blowing around, or the trees are dropping crap all over the place, or you get bombed by a flock of birds...it's always something, it never fails. sometimes i wish my car was silver instead of green. i think she's due for a good wash and wax this coming sunday tho, the weather outlook looks promising all next week.

4. Deibidosan

Deibidosan Active Member

Start a Conversation
    when you were in okinawa did you have that rain scum? im talking about that film of crap that appears on your car after it rains. its dust from china that gets carried over here in the rain! in the rainy season it rains everyday for at least 30 days. after about 2 days you can write your name in it! and under everybodys side mirrors there is a black line that goes straight down, and from anything else that water runs off of. sucks. in MO we had super clean rain. it would leave spots but if your car was clean and it rained you could dry off your car and it would still be clean! i miss states sometimes! :)

5. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    yah, we got the rain scum in Okinawa too, but really only during periods of high surf and also during typhoons. the air in Okinawa is pretty clean. and the rain was pretty clean most times too, but on a few occasions i remember that crap getting all over my car. but the salt film was worse...i remember every time i'd go surf for a couple hours, my car would be covered in salt film. gross. but i always took it down to the local gas station to get a good wash and wax. for 10 bucks (1000 Yen) these guys would wash/wax the car, give your floor mats a good cleaning, vacuum the interior, put the better JDM version of armorall on the trim panels, clean all the glass on the car, and even shine your wheels and tires. and they always only took between 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how many cars were being washed. and they never did a half ass job either all the times i went there. i can't remember the name of the gas station tho, i gotta google it. :)

6. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i just remembered, the name of my favorite Japanese gas station is ITOCHU

[​IMG]

Itochu Service Stations Rock:rocks: :woot: I always wanted a sticker of their little running man emblem for my car, but don't know if they even make a sticker.

7. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    [​IMG]

i know it's a small pic, but there's the little Itochu man-->[​IMG]

there's Jusco baby. awesome store.:)
    [​IMG]

8. JussHatched

JussHatched Active Member

Start a Conversation
    ^ Holy off-topic batman

I do the same, Stoner Invisible glass and the glass cleaning microfiber rags. Hands down the best way to do it comes super clean in 1 wipe.

9. LudeActs

LudeActs New Member

Start a Conversation
    +1:rocks: