1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats Rice ??

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by djdshaw, Jul 6, 2006.

1. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    OK so I'm English & I know we have different words to the US for things, but what exactly do you guys mean when you refer to getting rid of the rice?

I'm guessing its keeping the car as close to JDM or stock as possible, or am I miles away?

2. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Rice refers to two species (Oryza sativa and Oryza glaberrima) of grass, native to tropical and subtropical southeastern Asia and to Africa, which together provide more than one fifth of the calories consumed by humans[1]. Rice is an annual plant, growing to 1–1.8 m tall, occasionally more, with long slender leaves 50–100 cm long and 2–2.5 cm broad. The small wind-pollinated flowers are produced in a branched arching to pendulous inflorescence 30–50 cm long. The seed is a grain (caryopsis) 5–12 mm long and 2–3 mm thick. The word rice derives from the Tamil word arisi.

[​IMG]

3. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Rice can is also used quite often in Japanese cuisine, such as sushi. Sushi is simply small cuts of fish layed over a rectangular mold of rice.

[​IMG]

Rice can also be used to make Sake which is made usually by shaving the grain some and fermenting it.

Hope this helps.

:spitdrink:

4. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Werd :D

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Rice can be whatever you think it is. I prefer not to use that word to describe a cars style.

The style of what you are thinking is pretty much anything cheesy or parts that may be added that are overly flamboyant etc. But it comes down to the owner of the car, they spent their hard earned money to buy the car so they can make it as cheesy as they want. I am sure you will get some examples shortly.

JDM style is more of a simple and prestige look with strong emphasis on function.

6. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
  7. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I prefer to think of rice as stupid ebay stuff that really isn't doing anything for the performance of your car, just making it look like it's quick. For instance, random decals and underglow lights. Doesn't do shit for your motor, but damn you cool am I right? :thumbdown: :thumbsdown:

Function > Fashion. Always.

Edit: There is a S at the End of Thumb here... :spitdrink:

8. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation

immortal, this is jdmchat not honda-tech, so the thumbdown thing wont work, lol

but anyways back to my real reason of responding to this thread, djdshaw we were the ones that got into it while i was drunk right?... if so the tail lights are what most would call ricey

9. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ha ha, very funny its nice to see you guys have a sense of humour.
    Living in a part of the UK populated by alot of Indians we get quite a bit of the white & yellow stuff.

The car style is as I thought we have lots of young guys here who drive around in old Civics that just add "turbo" badges & led's everywhere.

I have as a previous post said fitted Supra style lights to my rear mainly due to 1) Getting rear ended & needing a new set &
    2) JDM imports do not have a rear fog light, part of our road test says you have to have 1 fitted , a set of these lights with a red rear facing led is better looking than the 4" square aftermarket type the importers fit under the rear bumper & a whole lot cheaper & easier to get than having to change the rear panel & buy a Honda one.

10. imm0rt41

imm0rt41 New Member

Start a Conversation
    Man, H-T has me putting the thumbdown/thumbup shit in every forum not just H-T. It's kinda sad really =/

11. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    lol, yea immortal i get the temptaion also