1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the lexus-jdm toyota crossovers?

Discussion in 'Toyota & Lexus' started by KansaiDrifter, Sep 3, 2008.

1. KansaiDrifter

KansaiDrifter New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hey I was wondering if anyone knows what all the toyota to lexus crossovers are? I know like the 98+ GS 400 is the JZS161 in toyota terms, so what are the rest, at least the 4dr. gs300's, gs400's, ls400's? Any helps much appreciated! I'm looking into building a VIP drift beast but I'm looking to do my homework first. I already have a LS13 "nissan s13 with a chevy LS1 engine" drift beast, but I'm looking to build a street slash daily drifter setup for the fun of it and for my shop demo car. Thanks!

2. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Celsior = LS400 = UFC-???

Drift VIP is Kind of a Why?

But What Platforms of Lexus to Toyota as Names or Chasiss Codes???

3. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
  4. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    That's an awesome website clutch.

5. KansaiDrifter

KansaiDrifter New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah that's a great site but I was kind of looking more for the jdm clones, as in,

SC300=Soarer
    97-05GS300/400=JSz161 Aristo
    LS400=Celsior

that kinda stuff, mainly though I'm trying to figure out if we got any of the Chaser series and the Mark II or so series equivalents here.

I'd just like to do something a bit different here, I know that like the Aristo's had 2j's and whatnot in them in japan, so there's a crazy lot of parts for them to boost it up nicely. Yeah if you know of any crossovers please post them up, thanks!

6. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Years of Intrest??? Here is the History.

Your in Luck because the Toyota Mark II was called the Corona Mark II as the First Mark II, back in the 70s ('68-'76) in 1st an 2nd Gens.

From ('76 to '80) the Mark II Spawned two Seperate Varations, The sportier Toyota Chaser and Toyota Cresta appeared in the late-1970s.

The larger Toyota Crown was considered more of a chauffeur-driven car for upper management, and the Toyota Century is the flagship sedan on a presidential level. The Mark II and its variants often sold in numbers comparable to the smaller Toyota Corona and Toyota Corolla.

The Corona Mark II was sold overseas in America under the name Toyota Cressida, which was Toyota's flagship offering in the US and Australia. In Australia, the Cressida was withdrawn from sale in early 1993 on the X80 series so as not to compete against the new widebody Toyota Camry-Vienta, and Lexus ES300 and LS400. The Cressida was replaced by the first designed-for-America Toyota Avalon was introduced as Toyota's new US flagship.

Source = Wikipedia.

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Bozo Drift

It would be Cool If You Took the Cressida
    an Bozoed It Then Drift It Like the Video Below.

:rocks:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaPvbWBlxn4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kaPvbWBlxn4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    VIP Drift

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIXVGDGhbU4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IIXVGDGhbU4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

This is what it Looks Like.

9. KansaiDrifter

KansaiDrifter New Member

Start a Conversation
    Awesome vids man! Yeah I think I've figured out my game plan.

I found a local LS400 92' with slight front end damage, for $500obo! Since I'm looking to modify it highly, then it's perfect. Yeah my plans are to rock the 1jz hopefully I can get a front clip from a chaser or something along those lines, as far as I've seen, since the 1uzfe comes in the sc400 also, and the sc300 has a 1jz in it, it should be bolt in really. I'll figure out how to hang a clutch pedal in it also. Then I've also found that JIC makes coilovers for it, which is a huge plus!

In the drift tengoku mags, for this month, they show a lot of chaser front suspension parts, and they look identical to the ls400's so I think I'm in luck!

Yeah I'll be sure to begin a build thread here too when I finally get my hands on it.