1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do you follow the "JDM" Culture of Tuning?

Discussion in 'General Car Discussions' started by Jdmfever, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Jdmfever

Jdmfever New Member

Start a Conversation
    Seriously, I would like to hear the reasons why you started and why you still are into it now.

Any reply is a good one, be honest.:)

And if B.S. starts please believe your post will be deleted. This isnt a reason to harp on someone.:slap:

Lets hear it.:)

2. Nachtmensch

Nachtmensch New Member

Start a Conversation
    i dont :)

i buy what i like and what will perform the best for my money :) both of my cars are very usdm haha

3. Jdmfever

Jdmfever New Member

Start a Conversation

HAHA

4. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think it looks better than anything else and I just love the lifestlye and everything about it. Ive been into it for about 3 years now.

5. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    The cleanness is what sparked my attention

6. Specter

Specter New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah, i don't know really. i've always loved all things japanese and i guess it spilled over to my car :ermm:

7. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Jdm Fetish

I have always had a Serious JDM/Japanese Fetish for a Long time now and If there is a Cure ~ I Dont Want It~ :spitdrink:

8. Jdmfever

Jdmfever New Member

Start a Conversation
    great guys.
    :)

I originally got into the scene by meeting people and Hanging out with them who were already in the scene.:thumbup:

To be honest, I am not the greatest "JDMer" in the world.

I am more interested into racing and fabrication.

I think that just translated into the scene and the people I know in cali.

All of us trying to create the most functional, safe and powerful cars we could. While still maintaining the original beauty and lines of the car.

9. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Affiliate

Start a Conversation
    I don't...
    If JDM is over here on the scale then I'm WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy over here

10. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I think you with us...

Even If your Car isnt all JDM that Doest mean that you as a Person is not "JDM", as Long as You have the Knowledge of the JDM Culture as a Whole ~ JDM doesnt have to Always be about Cars / Car Parts~

11. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    :eek:hsnap: :rocks: :rocks:

12. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Affiliate

Start a Conversation

Ok taking that Definition.... I'm still Waaaaaaaayyyyy over on the other side of the scale. Besides the playstation and the fact that my mazda was shipped here from Japan a week before I picked it up.... that's about the extent of my Japanese knowledge and concern. :) Me as a person is not "JDM" at all. Nothing against it or those who are. Just not what I am into or care about. :)

13. JDaM_Driver

JDaM_Driver New Member

Start a Conversation
    It all started when i had my Da. My friends were talking about getting body kits, altezza's, and all that bullsh*t. A friend of mine was just telling me to just lower my car and see how it would look. Sure enough I did and liked it, he told me to go "JDM" with it. I looked up "JDM" and it just opened up a whole new world. And i quickly got sucked into it. its been 3 or more years now.

14. L3gkang

L3gkang New Member

Start a Conversation
    for me its about not having the same stuff as you see eveyone else has with our cars the Acura Legend there tons of jdm stuff thats very hard to get and i have it.

15. DebtsE-at

DebtsE-at New Member

Start a Conversation
    I have always had a thing for everything Japanese... Girls, culture, food, anime and so on. But when it comes to cars I would have to say the reason I choose Japanese Domestic Market over US is the fact that they just make a better product!!! And when it comes to tuning a car they offer more support towards doing so parts wise then the US. Last but not least is the style of racing that japanese cars are known for which is circut racing. What is there not to like about a well balanced car that can hug some apexes!!!

US muscle cars with lots of hourse power and torque is some what coo... But sorry only being able to go in a straight line "drag racing" or in circles "Nascar" doesnt do it for me.

Im more of a Japanese nostalgic car guy... And the lines of older Japanese cars are way sexier then US classic cars!!!

16. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    I agree with you brian, but I will say that there are some great handling US cars out there, the Vette is one of them, and the viper isnt too far off either these cars just require a bit of skill to get what you want out of them but they handle great. of course they are more expensive than your average civic but still cant count them out handling wise.

17. DebtsE-at

DebtsE-at New Member

Start a Conversation
    True... The Ford GT isnt too bad either but you can count the number of well balanced US cars with one hand, Japanese cars on the other hand youll need more then two hands. LoL too many hands I confused myself

18. ef legacy

ef legacy New Member

Start a Conversation
    two more to add the US list is the Cadillac CTS-V for good handling and suprisingly I remember car and driver or motortrend praising the mustang cobra R as a very neutral handling car which isnt very common in the mustang circles.