1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOOHOO del sol catagory

Discussion in 'Del Sol' started by Thrule01, May 5, 2006.

1. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    No Probs man, have a few beers smoke a little of the good stuff & it can set your mind off to do strange things, done it myself !
    Sols are pretty rare in the UK as well most are JDM imports but we have problems getting parts & have to buy alot from the USA.
    I've spent most of my cash under the bonnet, but keep the faith man & love your Sol.

2. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    lol, hell yea man.. i should have rims on her thursday:rocks:

3. Miko

Miko New Member

Start a Conversation
    Hahahah I love the title of this thread. Hi everyone...just wanted to pop in to say hi. =)

4. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    im glad you like it :p

anyways whats up miko....where you located?

5. Miko

Miko New Member

Start a Conversation
    What up Thrule! I'm in Huntington Beach just south of L.A. Where are you from?

6. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    im from LA...Louisiana...not Los Angeles lol....

7. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Your Sol looks good, it's your's so anything you put on it be sure YOU like it, I'd rather see a car full of sh|t that seems rice to others because the owner loves the look, than just another JDM freak with parts on the car just to fit in with a bunch..

8. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    got to love those Sols and they all look better than mine does. '93 Samba Green Si. i only have one pic and it shows everything i have done to it except the skunk2 lowering springs[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]. the radiator looks like crap but it is an old one. sorry i dont have more.

9. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Great H22.. maybe some day after y turbo the d series in mine.. I had a 91 Accord with an H22A and i was running low 15's but with millage of mid-to-high 14's I can't imagine the feeling of the H22 in such a more lighter car like the sol..

10. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    well yeah i didnt think there would really be that much difference cause i drove a friends ek hatch with one in it and it really didnt feel all that much more powerful but when i get on it in the sol i can really tell the difference. but then again i went from a D16Z6 to the H22 so there is quite a bit of difference:woot:

11. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Well, I went from an H23 in the accord to an H22 and the difference was huge, from a d16 to h22 in a more light car would rock.. :rocks:

12. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    yeah i wish the sol wasnt as heavy as it was but its too much fun to drive, so i dont think i could get a lighter car. but now that i have the exhaust on i cant hear the vtec for shit but you can feel it pull much better. how heavy was that accord?

13. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    It was a 91 EX was tipping the scale at 3k with the swap and me inside..

I did some research never could confirm it but what I found was that OEM vs OEM the accord was about 80 pounds heavier than a Prelude VTEC..

Have you checked the weight of your sol? I'm gonna take mine to check the exact weight with me inside once I do the man conversion.. but its a 94 S so it shouldn't be too heavier.. I was checking not to long ago and a 94 S should weigh about 60 pounds more or less than a 92 SI so it's not so heavy..:woot:

14. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    i needed to put in on a scale and find out how much it weighs but i know that the Si base weight is 2490 lbs and i know that the prelude vtec was about 2900 lbs so there is about 500 lbs difference but i need to weigh mine and find out how heavy or light it really is.

15. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    1991 Honda Accord EX CPE MT 2888
    1992 Honda Prelude VTEC MT 2932

Actually my accord was a bit lighter than a prelude VTEC

1994 Honda del Sol S MT 2301
    1994 Honda del Sol S AT 2387

This is why I want to weigh mine after the tranny swap to check the weight with me in it, I alreday started removing weight from it, I removed about 100 punds of junk from the trunk including one 12" sub and about 20 punds of dirt(hadn't washed in about a month :rocks:

16. Slo-EG1

Slo-EG1 New Member

Start a Conversation
    wow i havent posted in this thread in forever

17. djdshaw

djdshaw New Member

Start a Conversation
    You can save weight several ways for example I have changed my crank pulley to an aluminium version - std just over 5lbs , aluminium just over 1lb.
    Same with the p/s & alternator pulleys aluminium versions are less than 50% of the weight.
    I have also stripped out the aircon which saves over 55lbs & 10bhp.
    Carbon bonnet saves 50% weight, you can also go carbon roof ,trunk & front fenders.
    Just depends how much you want to spend

18. EL BAN

EL BAN New Member

Start a Conversation
    Very true, I was looking into the carbon hood but it would really look good for only a week hardly, lots of chipping and fender benders here are like magnets to my car, I didn't see you thats all I hear when someone hits the car, and I say dammit I really believe cause you just fu(ked up my car..

Someone knows how much the rear bumper bar weighs?

19. solbrothers

solbrothers JDMChat.com Loser!

Start a Conversation
    hey i have a 94 SI($7000). its granada black pearl. i have an APC short ram intake($20), Spoon test pipe($25), and Monza Pacesetter 2.25 in. catback($200). i have Tein Flex full coilovers($1400), suspension techniques 19mm rear swaybar($150), OEM Honda HX rims($300), Yokohama AVS ES 100 tires in 185-60-14($300), EBC slotted and dimpled rotors($200), EBC Green Stuff pads($200).

IM IN TOO DEEP... I CAN'T STOP NOW

20. delsolmidget

delsolmidget New Member

Start a Conversation
    ha ha ha damn dude you sound like me. once you put some money in the pot you cant stop soing stuff. sounds like i nice sol. got any pics?