1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you consider buying the Fit?

Discussion in 'Fit' started by Daniel, Apr 28, 2006.

?

Would you buy the Fit?

1. Hell Yeah!

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Maybe?

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Hell No

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    I think the Fit is going to stir up the import scene here. There hasn't been a micro Honda here since the CRX. Would you buy one?

[​IMG]

2. middleklasskid

middleklasskid New Member

Start a Conversation
    Yes I would. K20:D

3. cabezzzdb8

cabezzzdb8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    The Fit is a great concept, especially here in the US, with gas prices rocketing the Fit is a welcoming little car with good looks, Honda name and realiability.

The fact that is a 5 door gives it a lot of options for diferent kinds of people, and for a daily driver for me it would be really nice, I think thought it would interfere with the civic sales thought but hey the more Honda models we can get the better.

4. CLUTCHONE

CLUTCHONE Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Hells Yea...

With Todays Gas Prices the Honda Fit would be the very wise Decision:rocks:

5. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Yeah it would. I hope the gas prices don't last that long.

6. g3teg97

g3teg97 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I would def buy the Mugen Fit

[​IMG]

7. SiR

SiR New Member

Start a Conversation
    Ok after just look at the Honda Fit...it made me want to buy it...but then after seeing the Mugen Fit that thing is Hot Sizzle! haha its a little pocket rocket and like someone said above this lets put a k20 in that bitch. Make it Whip :rocks:

8. jdm b18c ek6

jdm b18c ek6 New Member

Start a Conversation
    hell ya........ i'd take the mugen or spoon one :cool:

9. jhmed

jhmed Member

Start a Conversation
    REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

My buddy just bought a Fit and he absolutely LOVES it... he's more anal about his Fit than I am about my EF8, LOL.

I work at a Honda dealer here in Canada and they allowed us to road test and slalom test-drive a Fit before they were released in Canada. I test-drove the Fit, Accent, Yaris, and a Matrix all on a slalom course, and wow! what a diiference!

The Honda's 'Fit and Finish' (no pun intended) was head and shoulders above the rest especially when it came to quality and craftsmanship, the suspension was quite a bit firmer compared to the competition, the seat formation will undoubtedly lead to a rise in teenage pregnancy but otherwise is ingenious! The electronic power steering and drive by wire throttle led to smooth cornering and quick response, and a peppy feel from the engine! The center-mounted gas tank had me a bit concerned but evening out the weight distribution definately added to the stability!

The ABS and EBD were fantastic in stopping the car (man could you smell the rubber in the air when we were done with that course! LOL) and even with the drum brakes out back you didn't feel the spongy-ness that I have felt with a lot of older H-badges sporting disk/drum setups!

Now, if they'd brought it over with the CVT transmission instead of the 5spd auto and put the K20 or K24 under the hood, you'd see me rollin' down the strip in a Fit real soon!

10. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Start a Conversation
    I know someone who just bought one.

I'm really thinking about getting one...

11. poonkla

poonkla New Member

Start a Conversation
    It goes 50/50 with me. Kinda iffy about the stlye of it.

12. Thrule01

Thrule01 New Member

Start a Conversation
    its a pretty nice lil car....cant wait to see all the mods, swaps, and designs that will come with it...

13. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

Start a Conversation
    I havent found a new car that i would fall in love with. From a economic family car standpoint i would say yes but heck i had the same opinion about the xb now i want a yellow one...

14. Flexin_K20

Flexin_K20 New Member

Start a Conversation
    for the win:eek:hsnap:

15. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Affiliate

Start a Conversation
    nope. I already own 2 hondas, and I love my mazda more than both of them. So I have officially stopped being a honda nut....I think... though I still love to work on and show my accord. so no I wouldn't buy one.

16. 97-ferio

97-ferio Active Member

Start a Conversation
    i would most definitely buy a Fit. they're such fun to drive. the small motor impressed me when i test drove it. and there's so much space in them too. i almost bought one, but it would've meant parting with my 97 Ferio, and I couldn't do that to her. so, i decided to wait. but, it seems Honda stopped sending them out or something, cause on FitFreak, the Honda Fit forum site, everyone seems to be waiting a long while for their pre-ordered Fits. I know my local dealer only got like 5 of them, and they sold quick. wonder what happened. hmmmm....

17. molecule°

molecule° Member

Start a Conversation
    i anxiously awaited the fit in america since it appeard in japan
    the fit was the first car to outsell the corolla in japan since its inception in '69
    corolla has been #1 every year until '03
    i think that shows something

i do hate my capitalist government though
    they denied the I-DSI fit engine to be imported (dual spark ignition)
    it gets over 50 mpg, and i think just about all of america would have bought one
    however LHD models do exist in germany,phillipines and i think somewhere else
    so i guess the engine could be imported

18. Ef8

Ef8 New Member

Start a Conversation
    I think the Fit is a nice little car. I've seen a few around here, and I can't wait to see the aftermarket parts this thing will be able to sport.

And yes the Mugen Fit is rediculous. If I did purchase one the first thing I would do is lower it quick.

I wonder when hasport will start making swap products for it?

19. Fit4Ryan

Fit4Ryan New Member

Start a Conversation
    I am a proud owner of a Fit. And I love it. Coming from my land rover discovery(which I traded in for the fit) it was a great decision. Fuel economy is way better, storage space is comparable and even my insurance was cheaper.
    While shopping for my new car I looked at the scions, mazda 3, toyota corolla and yaris and couple others both used and new and the Fit is really, for me, the best value.

20. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Start a Conversation
    Thanks for joining. The 1st Fit ownere here! I would most likely go with the Fit if I was in that market as well. :)